GSX Not installing

Girrit

Hello All,

I've recently bought GSX, however I cannot seem to get it to work. FSX doesn't ask if to trust it when I start the game, and I have no addons bar. I have followed all advice from support so far (Anti-virus, VC++, SDK) but to no avail. I've done multiple reinstalls of FSX, and many more fresh downloads and installs of GSX. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Many thanks

It is VERY important that you have FSDreamTeams's "Addon Manager" installed for GSX, or any airport they distribute to work. It can be found on their website under FAQ, ALLLLL the way down at the very bottom of the page.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Pick which version applies in your case. THEN, reinstall GSX. Addon Manager must be installed first. Been here. I have used their products for years. They work, and with great success. If you have already done this step, the next logical is DON'T install into Pragram Files (x86) or any "locked" folders. BAD idea. Put FSX into the root drive (i.e. c:\FSX) then put everything into the FSX folder. Prevents access denials.

ALSO, you should make a habit of backing up your FSX.cfg file (username.appdata.roaming.microsoft.FSX) before telling FSX to allow the addon manager to run. If your FSX.cfg file gets corrupted, FSX and any other "trusted" files won't run, either. Been here, too.

Timberleaf

Win 10 | Area 51 R5 | i7 9800x 4.5 GHz | RTX 2080 8GB | 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4 | HP Envy 34c

"One woman's chop is another man's turbulence"

Archived