New Control Tower -How do I add it to FSX ATC

503Kento

In the real world, the airport I most often fly out of (KUAO-Aurora State) in FSX is getting a control tower due to start up in the next few weeks. I would like to add control tower services to the default ATC for this airport. Is there a simple way? I don't really care about the visual object (I'll bug ORBX for that) as much as the ATC services so I don't want/need a whole airport designer tool. Did a fair amount of searching but did not find what I needed.

Thanks

Kent

FSX: Intel i7 4790k @4.0Ghz 8Gb DDR3 1333 GTX 650 Ti 2GB GPU Win7(64) Pro

AddOns: ORBX PNW, Pacific Fjords, NRM; A2A AccuFeel

I added a tower with Airport Studio 3. I had no idea where it is actually located or what it looked like. I created an AFX AFCAD to add the CTAF, ground and tower frequencies. I tried to add a picture of the tower and an AFCAD together in zip form but it did not work. PM me with your address and I'll send it to you via e-mail. Just place the AFCAD in your Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and go to KUAO. It will rebuild the Scenery Library and it should be there and you should be able to use the CTAF, ground and tower frequencies. If you have a problem or don't like it just delete the AFCAD. Please let me know if it works OK. Bob.

Update: I was able to add the jpg but not the zip with both the jpg and the AFCAD.

kuao_twr.jpg

Archived