New to FSX Steam edition

rszweda

Hi all!

I downloaded FSX Steam edition last weekend and started playing with it. The first time I opened it and selected the 172SP, it seemed to work with my Saitek yoke and throttle quad. just fine. I had trouble controlling the plane and changing the settings. The last two times I was able to reassign button pushes to yoke and throttle movements, but when I go to fly the plane nothing works in the sim. The plane a 172 in on the runway engine running and I have no control of the yoke or throttle.

Anyone have any ideas? I think I have done everything correctly but do not know what to do from here.:(

Rszweda

Currently running Both,Disc and Steam.."A" @ "B" comparisons ,same set up,loaded up,,maxed out...... to me gives Steam the slight edge....Find no problems with steam..now my primary Sim...The disk copy serves me as Back up..in Case STEAM goes bust..Considering the Price For FSX GOLD now?? Steam best buy...got mine on the "DEAL"...Enjoying it much...This only my observations..others may differ..."OFF WE GO"

Hi again all.

I have looked at the utube videos and tried the reset with no results. I have tried a different plane with same results, the plane is running but I have no input what so ever. I am totally lost.

rszweda

Confirm:

1) All the features of your controller are working outside of FSX using your controller's control panel. Operate all the controls and buttons to see that all have visual operation within the control panel. If this does not work, your controller is not installed, or a cable is lose or your drivers are not up to date.

2) Once you are verified your controller works in the desktop control panel, load up FS and go to the Options Controls Calibration and verify the correct controller is selected at the top (Controller Type.)

3) If all of the above is correct, load up a plane with the engines, battery and generators operating and use F11 to view your plane externally on the ground.

Operate your rudder, ailerons, and elevator and watch for these control surfaces to move in the sim.

Tell us the result of all this testing. Leave nothing out.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Hi pvarn

I confirmed the controller works.

I opened FSX and confirmed the Saitek Yoke is selected

I opened the 172 Cessna

I pushed F_11

And as before my controller did nothing

When opening FSX I get a message:

Flight Simulator is attempting to start "GoFlight hardware interface (version 2.2.5.0

config interface) Do you want to open this program?

(I answered no) The last time i open fsx I answered yes and just like this time I had no control

rszweda

When you replied yes (disable) FSX disabled the software needed for your controller, so that makes sense.

You'll need to shot down FSX delete those disabled entries from your FSX.CFG, save, run FSX again and when it asks, reply no (do not disable.) When you answered yes, FSX placed the software in a disable list. Once you get this sorted, FSX will not ask again unless you install a new driver or software version in which case you will have to tell it do not disable again. and it will continue to work indefinitely.

-Pv

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thanks everyone for your help, somehow enable hardware got unchecked, it now works.

Maybe a dumb question, bur does anyone have a set of control settings so a 172 has good control, not too easy but not too hard? Also anyone know of a video on setting up the views?

Thanks, and thanks again for my new questions

rszweda

Archived