Is there an autopilot panel with alt hold and vert speed only?

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble finding an autopilot panel that ONLY has alt hold and vert speed. Does anyone know if one exists? Whether it be a seperate addon or something I can disect out of another panel.

(and here's for the silly ones out there that ask "why?" or answer a question with another question...)

I want to be able to add a simple auto pilot to vintage aircraft that are not supposed to have one in reality. It's for long distance flights, and I can still adjust horizontal attitude (heading) with the yoke/stick myself.

Why do I ask for one that is "Alt Hold only"?

As I am sure several dozen other people have tried, getting horizontal AP to function on some aircraft without getting the zig-zag wobbles as it is trying to stabilize on course is time consuming, frustrating, and sometimes endless. When trying to tweak the 3 variables max_bank, max_bank_acceleration, and max_bank_velocity, sometimes I just can't get it right. And I end up giving up on some aircraft to get all AP functions to work. But Alt Hold and Vert Speed work perfectly on almost everything. So I am fine with just that.

"How to add an AP panel?" is not the question here.

I have already learned how to add the Cessna AP panel into these aircraft and only use the Alt Hold and Vert Speed. So why not have a smaller version of the AP panel that only has the 2 features I want? Right? To make it look nice. It's kind of silly to have the entire AP panel if you are only using 2 features. So I figured maybe someone has done it already.

Now you know why I am looking for one. Any help on finding an Alt Hold panel (aka vertical AP only) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I use the Lear 45 Ap for nearly everything. I love it. Granted, this an FS9 gauge, but look through your aircraft's panels until you find one you like, like I like this one, then just cut-n-paste to whatever panel you want, wither in the main panel or as a separate pop-up. Easy as pie :)

Here is the one I use right out of my HawkerSeafury's main panel: gauge01=Lear_45!Autopilot, 1,0,344,48

That's just an example of what I use. Your preference may differ. You also have to be sure the AP section in the Aircraft.cfg file is correct also, or no matter what you place in your panel won't do a thing

Don't know if all that helps or not, but there it is!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks for the reply. I already know how to disect parts out of other panels. I was wondering if someone has made a custom AP that ONLY has Alt Hold and Vert Speed. Nothing else. That way I'm not looking at an AP panel that is 90% disabled and still shows parts I'm not going to use, like Nav Hold, App Hold, Heading Hold, etc...

I think what you're asking for doesn't exist but that doesn't mean it can't exist. I am sure someone can make a simple two or three button gauge or perhaps you can if you know how to write xml code. Normally I don't like saying, "do it yourself" but i think that just might be the best course of action.

Creating XML Gauges

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526953.aspx

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Archived