Confused on repaint issue

Kdierken

Hello all Flt Simmers,

I did a repaint of a C-150 several yrs ago, the first time ever and the first time of installing it within FS9 and it worked I was amazed as I never did it before. Prior to moving I went and did my final flight in my C-150 and my plane showed grey color texture instead of my red & white repaint. Now that I have settled into my Cabin I thought maybe I would try & solve this without using the forum. So I went into my Flt Sim Aircraft folder & started to look into what is wrong and compared it to the original (shown in image), I cannot see any difference on why theirs works & mine doesn't when mine worked before. So now I am reaching out to see if someone could have an extra set of eyes and see why this is. Also I am sending a image of my texture as well as the Aircraft cgf for both mine and the original one, so you can compare what is wrong. Thanks for everyone to taking the time to look at this & hopefully resolve this issue. Kenny

texture n11541 original.jpg

N19199 texture.jpg

Nothing obvious stands out, does the plane show up completely gray, as in none of the textures are working?

Or does only part of it show gray and some of the textures are working?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Should the UI_Type match it looks different on the two sections?

150 Acrobat

150 Commuter

The model looks the same, after you saved the repaint did it work other times after or just the once after you saved it, also what or how did you save it, (what program)?

To answer your question Mr Bean, The whole plane comes up gray. That is why this is confusing to me. It worked a long time ago & I had to get a new HD, so I had to reinstall all A/C and when I went to start FS9 as usual I opened C-150 (the original) that I downloaded freeware that had the whole A/C package it was good, so I went & opened my repaint version within FS9 like I had before and that is when I saw the gray texture. As for ColR1948 answer I saved the repaint version as a jpg within Photoshop, copied the files from the original pasted it into the folder for C-150 just exactly like the other ones, added the info into cgf and typed the info for my repaint and it worked fine a couple of yrs ago now it isn't. I hope this all helps you out. Thanks again

FS9 cannot use .jpg files for textures, so if your textures are indeed .jpg they will not work in the sim.

Your parts, glass, and prop textures look the same as the originals, can I assume that you did nothing to them?

And they do not show on your repaint either?

That the whole plane comes up gray tends to point to an aircraft.cfg issue and not a texture issue.

Try renaming the texture.N19199 folder and changing the aircraft.cfg texture= line.

Maybe there is a hidden character in one of them causing the problem.

You could also make a copy of texture.N11541 on your Desktop. Then copy the files from texture.N19199 one at a time to texture.N11541 and test to see if they work in the sim.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Thanks Mr. Bean, first of all I checked to see if it was a jpg, and it is a bmp just like the other ones. I have not changed the parts, glass and prop textures either.

I tried changing the texture name and the line to match the texture line=. it still did not work.

I made a copy of the texture.N11541 to my desktop and copied the N19199 one at a time as you suggested. It still is not working.

I am not sure if this is a problem but I opened N11541 in PS to see if there is something there and when I went to save it, it showed 8 bit in the dialog box, mine say's 24 bit there. It will not allow me to change to 8 bit. I am not sure why it will not allow me to change it or if that makes a difference as this repaint worked in the past perfectly. The difference is I needed a new HD (bummer). I made a copy of all A/C's so I can add them back into my new HD, everything worked except for C-150 N19199. Strange

This is the Rancho-Jen C150?

...I opened N11541 in PS to see if there is something there and when I went to save it, it showed 8 bit in the dialog box, mine say's 24 bit there.

First, make a copy of your texture folder.

Open the working textures in Photoshop.

Click on Image > Mode > Indexed Color

You will then be able to save as an 8bit .bmp.

Is this base plane from here?

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

OK, I found c150_v2.zip and c150fix.zip in the library.

Make sure you have installed the fix, it fixes some of the problems with this plane.

I tested the included textures after converting them to 24bit and saw a gray plane, they work at 8bit.

The downside of 8bit is you only get 256 colors instead of ~16 million to choose from.

If you want to see your repaint in all it's glory, convert the 24 bit textures to 32bit extended bitmaps with DXTBmp.

If your computer struggle with these textures you could also try DXT3 textures.

If you do not have DXTBmp, you can get it here- http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/index.htm

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Archived