Blue Runway Textures FSDT KLAX

vertigho

Hey all, I have FSDT's KLAX, which (based on my understanding) should run perfectly fine with DX10. I am using Steve's fixer as well.

As recently as 1-2 weeks ago I was having zero issues, however I noticed tonight that I had unsightly blue textures on my runways (not the case with taxiways) and the issue only presented itself at night.

Here are photos of the issue:

fsx2015-02-1102-45-23-75_zps875e4a4b.png

fsx2015-02-1102-45-11-39_zps4efd5933.png

Any ideas? I tried reinstalling KLAX, tried removing the effects library from the DX10 fixer and re-implementing them. Not sure what else to try at this point. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

maybe it's the runway rub marks?

Perhaps. I'd tend to think that's not the case but it very well could be.

IIRC, I flew out of KLAX during the late evening 10 days ago without the blue effect.

The only thing that has changed since then is that I installed KMSP by BluePrint.

The only thing that has changed since then is that I installed KMSP by BluePrint.

Do a Windows Explorer search of your FSX folder for files modified after the day before you added KMSP.

Look for files in the main ...\FSX\Texture folder that might have been modified by the KMSP install.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Do a Windows Explorer search of your FSX folder for files modified after the day before you added KMSP.

Look for files in the main ...\FSX\Texture folder that might have been modified by the KMSP install.

peace,

the Bean

better yet, look through the textures between both scenery packages and see if any of the titles repeat but the textures themselves are different.

Also, when you get a chance, could I get a link to the KMSP scenery (I know it's payware)? I'd like to take a look at it to see if I like it better than stock (which I barely like at current time)

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

peace,

the Bean

Took a look and a number of scenery/texture folders were added by the KMSP install. Some FTX Vector files were altered as well, which I assume is due to my running of the airport elevation correction tool after installing KMSP.

better yet, look through the textures between both scenery packages and see if any of the titles repeat but the textures themselves are different.

Also, when you get a chance, could I get a link to the KMSP scenery (I know it's payware)? I'd like to take a look at it to see if I like it better than stock (which I barely like at current time)

Didn't see any overlapping textures during my initial glance-through, although I will take a closer look later this evening. Tried removing KMSP from the scenery library and that didn't solve anything.

Here's the scenery link: http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/BluePrint_KMSP/BluePrint_KMSP_FSXGallery/BluePrint_KMSP_FSXGallery.html

IMO the screenshots don't do it justice. It's a quite bland, visually average scenery, I'll admit that. However the modeling of the terminals, taxiways and airport layout is quite nice IMO. You don't get fancy HD textures but it's a nice package for only $17.50, which certainly isn't cheap, but in a relative sense it is.

Archived