Are invisible menus normal?

Speedbird ATC

Trying to solve multiple problems at the same time is not productive. You will have trouble with all kinds of graphics problems until you get at least one of them solved, then you will need to keep pursuing each new problem one at a time until you get them all behind you, then stop and take a break before you throw the kitchen sink at the sim again.

Windowed Mode: Menus should always be visible.

Full screen mode: Hold ALT until menu becomes visible.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?257651-FSX-does-not-load-past-splash-screen-on-start-up

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?287073-FSX-Constant-fatal-error-after-repair

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Trying to solve multiple problems at the same time is not productive. You will have trouble with all kinds of graphics problems until you get at least one of them solved, then you will need to keep pursuing each new problem one at a time until you get them all behind you, then stop and take a break before you throw the kitchen sink at the sim again.

-Pv-

Thank you for this great advice but sadly, I am not aloud to fix my first problem :( The mods are not letting me create a new thread t ofix the issue therefor, I can not get help, and therefore I can not fix the issue :(

Intel i7 fourth gen (3.5ghz) 16GB RAM EVGA GTX660 Windows 10 64bit Pro edition

Thank you for this great advice but sadly, I am not aloud to fix my first problem :( The mods are not letting me create a new thread t ofix the issue therefor, I can not get help, and therefore I can not fix the issue :(

If you would have followed the advice in that thread, and, not resorted to foul language, you would probably have defeated the issue.

Did you remove all add-ons?

Run the Repair as described?

A known good GPU driver? The latest NVidia drivers have known issues with FSX/P3D.

GeForce 344.65 WHQL(r343_00-295) is what I'm using. It works fine.

The 1st thing to do is get the basic FSXA working properly. Then, back that up. All of it.

Once you are at ground zero, you can add your goodies ONE AT A TIME and thoroughly test.

Patience thru that process is absolutely necessary. It is time consuming, and, taking shortcuts is not going to get you where you want to be...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Sigh... Why can anyone not understand this? I DID follow there advice! The advice did not work! I am thankful for there advice! I am sorry for using foul language! I didn't know it was against the rules (my bad for not reading...)

I am updating my driver to the one you specified though I doubt it will do much...

IS 344.48 known to give issues?

Sigh... it helped but thats it... I still get that wierd internet explorer glitch and if that is still around mr blackscreen may be hiding in secret waiting to return...

What advice did you follow? Remove EZ-Dok? Repair? Remove add-ons?

Why didn't you simply answer the questions?

If you had we would know what attempts you have made to fix your install.

Nobody here is a mind reader. Without your responses to specific questions we have no clue what you have, and, have not, done...Don

IS 344.48 known to give issues?
No

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

No.

Sounds more like a virus or a broken graphics card to me.

Is there a reason you did not try a full reinstall? You have been at it for two months, had every possible advice, and gotten nowhere.

And in future, be clear be clear be clear! (write that down!).

Imagine. I'm sitting on my couch. Someone asks: "could my scenery library be causing this?"

Imagine what I would say.

Causing this? What's "THIS". What would the guy be asking about?

Scenery library? WHY? What would make him think that? Does he see scenery that looks funny, in one area only?

Without knowing what problem you think is caused by the scenery lib, there is no way to answer your question. Think of that in advance, answer those questions immediately, so I don't have to ask them.

We are trying to get your installl back to the default situation, no addons. Without having to reinstall, as you asked for some reason.

Don gave you 4 good pieces of advice. But you give him no feedback. You don't tell him what advices you followed, how you actually did what he advised, or what the result of each fix was. How can you have a conversation with someone about a problem if YOU say nothing. (again,be clear, be clear, be clear. I won't say it again.)

Actually DOING a full reinstall takes one hour. I know what route I'd take...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just removed ALL my addon SCENERY, and that appears to fix the problem. Actually I think it was a scenery problem. I am now slowly re-adding it... If I told you my addons would you be able to help me on what order they should be in?

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the order, but which ones.

What I see so far:

Re-install the sim.

Throw in all your add-ons = broken

Re-install the sim, throw in all your add-ons = broken.

Repeat.

What you SHOULD DO:

(1)

a) Install fresh sim or restore to a fresh-stable sim (depending on your skill.)

b) RESEARCH EACH desired add-on to see if ANYONE else is having trouble with it which solving is above your skill level. Discard each problematic add-on regardless of how cool it is. One bad add-on + hours of problem solving + hours and FULLY TEST *potential* solutions * number of add-ons = BAD DEAL.

(2)

Having decided on an add-on which is known by the community to be stable and currently supported by the developer, install THIS ONE add-on and fly for 30 hours all over the world.

Any problems at all? Discard the add-on.

(3) No problems after LENGTHY TESTING? Repeat steps 1a and 2.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

• 2 months later...

Archived