Conflict with 119.8 in Atlanta

Javanut

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and if a fix has been found already. Whenever I fly into KATL, I'm usually given 119.8 as Atlanta Approach about 35 miles out. Then I start getting Dobbins ARB Weather information on the same channel but never an opportunity to respond to any traffic.

For example - Approach will tell me to turn to heading 360. When I go to click on 1-Acknowledge Last Transmission the autorecording of Dobbins comes on and won't let me transmit.

Most of the time I go ahead and land anyway but it sure is frustrating to not get a word in edgewise. Does anyone know what file to look in for ATC codes - I'm not afraid to edit it myself. Thanks for any help! :pilot:

I just checked the default KMGE and it does not have an ATIS.

Do you have an addon for that airport?

If so, the easiest answer would be to disable the addon.

If you can tell us where you got the addon we might be able to see about helping you change the ATIS, it should not be too hard.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Actually, after I posted here I looked up in files to see if there was something for Dobbins AB. I installed that file and so far have not been able to replicate it. I did have an AFCAD update for KATL and use Traffic 360.

I will keep testing to see if this solved the problem.

Archived