Captain Sim Legendary C130 in FSX

ChristoffNY

Hi all!

I got the CapSim Leg c130 for fs9 but have sine upgraded to using FSX. When I try to run the installers to attempt to install into FSX I get an "error 11" message?

This doesn't occur when the installer for the expansion pack is run, but since I can't install the base pack, this is irreverent.

Captain Sim support totally blows so I'm turning to you guys for help!

Thanks,

CristoffNY

This doesn't occur when the installer for the expansion pack is run, but since I can't install the base pack, this is irreverent.

Captain Sim support totally blows so I'm turning to you guys for help!

100% agree with you about the support...except you put it much nicer than I would have :rolleyes:

flibinite is correct, the sale should be commencing soon.

Did you buy the FSX expansion pack, or the FS9 version? If it's the FS9 version, the planes will not be functional in FSX, if they even show up at all in the selection menu. They indeed might "show up" and fly, but certain features will not function, like working elevators or ailerons, etc.,. In effect, they will be in "flyable" demo mode.

And no, the FS9 expansion pack will not work on the CS FSX C-130...

When you're buying the FSX version in the next week or so, go ahead and buy the FSX expansion pack(s) while you're at it. If you have the funds to buy all of the expansion packs for this C-130, go for it. Like the plane itself, they're all well worth it.

Where CS lacks in support (and their installer/livery installer leaves a lot to be desired, which really "b***s", considering CS don't answer your support tickets, and their support forum is a joke), they make up for in the actual plane itself.

There's not a better C-130 out there to be had imo -payware or freeware- once you get past the bs of jumping through all the hoops to install it, in the beginning...

________________________________________________________________________________________

100% agree with you about the support...except you put it much nicer than I would have :rolleyes:

flibinite is correct, the sale should be commencing soon.

Did you buy the FSX expansion pack, or the FS9 version? If it's the FS9 version, the planes will not be functional in FSX, if they even show up at all in the selection menu. They indeed might "show up" and fly, but certain features will not function, like working elevators or ailerons, etc.,. In effect, they will be in "flyable" demo mode.

And no, the FS9 expansion pack will not work on the CS FSX C-130...

When you're buying the FSX version in the next week or so, go ahead and buy the FSX expansion pack(s) while you're at it. If you have the funds to buy all of the expansion packs for this C-130, go for it. Like the plane itself, they're all well worth it.

Where CS lacks in support (and their installer/livery installer leaves a lot to be desired, which really "b***s", considering CS don't answer your support tickets, and their support forum is a joke), they make up for in the actual plane itself.

There's not a better C-130 out there to be had imo -payware or freeware- once you get past the bs of jumping through all the hoops to install it, in the beginning...

Which C130 are you recommending? I see a few options there.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

Which C130 are you recommending? I see a few options there.

You are correct southport, I should have elaborated further. My last post was vaguery at it's finest... :rolleyes:

What I was referring to can be found here.

I'm not sure if this price (@$39.99) will go even lower soon, but even at 40 bucks that's a great deal imo, to get all the variants of this plane for FSX contained within all the Extra Packs.

Back when I bought it, for me it was important to get the float and ski 130s, which (of course) came in seperate expansion packs -the CL130 in Extra Pack 1 and the LC-130 in Extra Pack 2. At the time, it was my x-mas present to myself... :D

fsc130rex1.jpg

fsc130rex2.jpg

fsc130rex3.jpg

fscrex4.jpg

The C-130T, with the Jet Assist Take Off (JATO), the same plane used by the US Navy for it's Blue Angels Demonstration Team, which is included in Extra Pack 1.

The one pictured here now is a variation of that model, with the excellent repaint by Eberhard Haberkorn, courtesy of REX Game Studios.

This repaint can be found here.

The flight itself pictured here was from Klawock to Ketchikan, Alaska (a route more inclined to be flown by sea or bush planes, I get it...but it's a blast to do it -or any bush flying- in the C-130... :cool: )

________________________________________________________________________________________

I was just looking at the CS C-130 packages on FS Pilot Shop.

The listing for the Base package has a note at the bottom that it is NOT Windows 8 compatible.

The listing for the Pro Pack does not have this note, which is interesting since it includes the Base Pack +.

Is anyone successfully running the C-130 on FSX and Windows 8.0 Pro?

RodeoGeorge

The listing for the Base package has a note at the bottom that it is NOT Windows 8 compatible.

The listing for the Pro Pack does not have this note, which is interesting since it includes the Base Pack +.

Is anyone successfully running the C-130 on FSX and Windows 8.0 Pro?

I'm running the C-130 base with the 2 extra packs on Windows 8.1 x64, dunno about Pro.

No problems that I'm aware of. And it ran before I bought the Extra Packs as well.

BTW. There's no compatibility warning on the Captain Sim site either.

Most of the problems with Captain Sim products and Windows 8 I found on the net are in fact "generic" FSX problems (uiautomationcore.dll and joystick kickouts).

Found nothing specifically related to Captain Sim products.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

You are correct southport, I should have elaborated further. My last post was vaguery at it's finest... :rolleyes:

What I was referring to can be found here.

I'm not sure if this price (@$39.99) will go even lower soon, but even at 40 bucks that's a great deal imo, to get all the variants of this plane for FSX contained within all the Extra Packs.

Back when I bought it, for me it was important to get the float and ski 130s, which (of course) came in seperate expansion packs -the CL130 in Extra Pack 1 and the LC-130 in Extra Pack 2. At the time, it was my x-mas present to myself... :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]174240[/ATTACH]

The C-130T, with the Jet Assist Take Off (JATO), the same plane used by the US Navy for it's Blue Angels Demonstration Team, which is included in Extra Pack 1.

The one pictured here now is a variation of that model, with the excellent repaint by Eberhard Haberkorn, courtesy of REX Game Studios.

This repaint can be found here.

The flight itself pictured here was from Klawock to Ketchikan, Alaska (a route more inclined to be flown by sea or bush planes, I get it...but it's a blast to do it -or any bush flying- in the C-130... :cool: )

I'm totally buying that baby. Awesome!!! Thanks.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

I'm running the C-130 base with the 2 extra packs on Windows 8.1 x64, dunno about Pro.

No problems that I'm aware of. And it ran before I bought the Extra Packs as well.

BTW. There's no compatibility warning on the Captain Sim site either.

Most of the problems with Captain Sim products and Windows 8 I found on the net are in fact "generic" FSX problems (uiautomationcore.dll and joystick kickouts).

Found nothing specifically related to Captain Sim products.

Wim

Thanks Jockey. I figured that if there was a compatibility problem there'd be posts about it.

Now I'll just lay an ambush for a sale and jump in.

RodeoGeorge

I'm totally buying that baby. Awesome!!! Thanks.

Good move, and you're quite welcome :cool: .

Looking at your specs, this plane should be nothing short of an excellent addition to your hangar.

I have maybe half the specs you got, and this plane runs like a dream on my pc, even with running a full screen VC open on a second monitor, the radar, and not even counting all the extra animations it comes with. Smooth as silk. You will not be disappointed.

Also, it's good to hear it should/will run on W8 (for future reference).

I got my eyes on the CS 707 base package for FSX, and I will probably be pulling the trigger on that deal real soon myself.

Like RG said: "Now I'll just lay an ambush for a sale and jump in"... (haha, that's my plan of attack also :D )

If it's anything like the Legendary version (and anything close to what the C130 X-perience is all about), it should be a good purchasing decision on my behalf...besides, I need to go old school on my heavies...something different for a change...:D

(You know, like Christmas is only a couple of weeks away now - it's 'bout time for dad to treat himself to an early present once again...lol)

Good move, and you're quite welcome :cool: .

Looking at your specs, this plane should be nothing short of an excellent addition to your hangar.

I have maybe half the specs you got, and this plane runs like a dream on my pc, even with running a full screen VC open on a second monitor, the radar, and not even counting all the extra animations it comes with. Smooth as silk. You will not be disappointed.

Also, it's good to hear it should/will run on W8 (for future reference).

I got my eyes on the CS 707 base package for FSX, and I will probably be pulling the trigger on that deal real soon myself.

Like RG said: "Now I'll just lay an ambush for a sale and jump in"... (haha, that's my plan of attack also :D )

If it's anything like the Legendary version (and anything close to what the C130 X-perience is all about), it should be a good purchasing decision on my behalf...besides, I need to go old school on my heavies...something different for a change...:D

(You know, like Christmas is only a couple of weeks away now - it's 'bout time for dad to treat himself to an early present once again...lol)

Ha Ha. I know. My wife doesn't understand. What do you want for Christmas? When I tell her she doesn't know what to do. I just tell her to let me charge it on the CC. She still thinks it has to be some disk you buy.

Archived