Performance of P3D on new system

NFSpilot

Hello everyone,

So I've been using FSX on a really bad laptop and my new system will be ready very soon! I've been hearing how P3D is better than FSX and I am really considering making the switch on my new system! Only thing is I've seen YouTube videos where people are running i7 3770K and GTX 780's and there is quiet a bit of stutter! Yes I know FRAPS has a hit on FPS! I was wondering how my system would do on P3D, what kind of FPS I could expect! I use a heavy amount of payware like REX4, ASNext, PMDG, FSDT, Flytampa, FTX Global! I would deeply appreciate your help! The system:

i7 4790K @ 4.0 GHz but will OC to 4.4 GHz

EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0

Corsair H80i

Asus Z97-A

Western Digital 1 TB HDD

Crucial 512 GB for P3D

Sentey 725W PSU

Thank you for your help!

Your system will do just fine. As with old FSX, if you put everything on max, you will lose fps.

PMDG is currently not supporting P3D but they have indicated they will support in the future.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

My specs are lower yours and I´m very happy with the performance.

I´m running I5 4.4ghz, gtx760 2gb, 8gb 1600 ram and a ssd.

I run orbx regions and a few addon airports.

performance is very good. I have most sliders max incl (default) clouds, autogen dense, AI at 50% etc.

I have fps locked at 25 and only in very dense does it go lower.

The biggest surprise is that when it occasoanally runs at 18 - 20 fps like when landing on an addon airport in the London area, its very smooth as long as long as I dont pan around like a dog in panic.

Another thing is, it depends a lot on the aircraft you choose. Some are real fps pigs.

Archived