PMDG B737-800WL. Engines starts and stops under flight or on the runway over and ove

Morgan1

Been using this aircraft for a few weeks. I noticed in the beginning that both engines stopped, but started again. No big problem it happens once or twice, but now the last weeks this problem multiplies, we are now down on start and stop once a minute! But it is not fixed with that, sometimes I can fly several minutes without problem. On the runway at Gatwick, in the air to Shiphol under landing and so on. I am both training PMDG's tutorials and free flights with same problem.

Today I re-installed the program but still the same problem.

What is going on? Anyone experienced the same?

And yes I do have fuel, I do have pumps on etc. Even when the tutorial is pre-programmed, same, same.

Suggestions?

Connomar, you are a genius! Thank you very much! :D

I have programmed idle/cutoff in FSUIPC and they did toggle!

That leads me to the question, how to program them the correct way? I have tried several different entries, and ended up with the above problem.

I have built my own B737 throttle, which I have programmed, and most of it works well.

A couple of things does not. you might have answer for that as well??

Horn cut off

To/Ga

A/T cut off

and of course idle/cut off :)

Morgan

Glad I got that one right :)

I'm impressed that you've built your own throttle. How have you interfaced it with the PC? I am only familiar with the Saitek throttle quadrant, which has its own driver software. That provides the means to send specific key combinations, and the Options Control Settings feature of FSX allows Key Combinations to be mapped to a standard set of operations. The resulting xml file, standard.xml, is stored in %APPDATA%\roaming\microsoft\fsx\controls.

PMDG have many functions that are additions to the Microsoft set, though Microsoft haven't included all the possibilities. I just discovered today for instance, that Taxi and Beacon lights aren't in the standard set. BUT if you look up the SDK for FSX, you can find TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHT and TOGGLE_NAV_LIGHT and create additional xml entries in standard.xml and map key combinations to it. To make the PMDG specific functions, I have to use the Saitek MadCats software provided.

If you look in the PMDG SDK for the 737, you might also find the Horn Cut Off, but all the other functions you list can be handled via the Microsoft Interface.

I have written a database app that records all the types of aircraft on the Sim, the copies specific Control Files over the standard.xml so I can have lots of different setups for 2 engine prop aircraft, 4 engine etc. What I found is that loading and using a customized standard.xml file works fine until you edit in FSX. This will wipe out any non standard mappings. By keeping my customized files separate, I can avoid overwriting, or if I need to use the FSX control setup, I can just copy out my bits first and put them back after.

Hope at least some of this is of help. I don't use FSUPIC - dirt poor and can't afford licence-, so I have no idea how this would be used.

Martin

Hello Martin.

Here is a picture of the throttle.

It is connected to the PC via a card from Leo Bodnar, via an USB cable.

All inputs like switches and potmeters goes via that card.

Lights is separate, and i installed small SMD diodes behind each point I wanted lights. Took me a few days.

The throttle took me at least 1 month to build, all hand made :)

But I need assistance from some xpert in programming B737 to make all work as mentioned. Maybe some others read this thread :)

So why did I build it? I was tired of the plastic yoke I had for many years, and wanted something real. Looked at many options, but found this one at the net and built it. I also build the gear down unit, and next wil probably be the fire panel, but not now.

Now I am training to handle the heavy B737, not the easiest thing I have done

Happy flying, and thanks again for your bright suggestion.

IMG_1787 copy small.jpg

Archived