Abacus FS Repaint can't display aircrafts after re-install

isbo83

Hi Flightsimmers around the globe.

I have a problem with Abacus FS Repaint V2 after re-installing the program.

Before I removed it, it worked perfectly on my computer with FSX.

But after re-installing it, it can't even read the default FSX installed aircrafts or the most add-on aircrafts.

So now I can't continue working on some projects I was working on and it really confuses me why it all of sudden not work as before.

Does anybody know what to do / or how to solve this??

I tried different things, but been unable to get it to work properly :confused: :confused:

FSR Cover.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi

why did you remove it if it was working ok? and you were also working on an unfinished project?

have selected FSX and not FS2004 in the file open menu?

tried different things is not helping us solve the problem tell us what you did

good luck

I removed it by accident, and then I reinstalled it as mentioned below.

And yes I am working on unfinished project, but the texture files are not affected by the re-install of the program. As writtten, FS Repaint can't just not load default and some of my installed aircrafts, and yes I have selected FSX in the open file menu.

Best Regards

Jesper

It sounds like you might be running FsRepaint in Demo mode.

You might double check that you have properly registered the new version.

Have you asked Abacus about this?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I know this is an old thread, but did you ever figure this out? I just had the same problem. I reformatted my hard drive, reinstalled (FS Repaint) my registered version of FS Repaint V2, have checked that my flightsim path is correct (P3D V2, worked fine before), and yet it will not read any of aircraft textures that are installed. It is driving me crazy, because there does not seem to be any solution. Abacus does not support the program nor sell it any longer.

• 1 year later...

Thread resurrected:

I am using V2.04.52 registered, I was using it for FS9 but I recently started using FSX.

I have it pointed at the right location, it does go to FSX aircraft, now it will open the aircraft that have BMP textures but not the DDS.

If I click on a default aircraft it just gives a quick flash in less than a second. it won't open.

I did a bit of a search and it seems there is a Version 2.2 that supposed to read the DDS files but I can't find it, I did find a demo but I have already bought this so didn't want to buy again, plus it might not work lol.

I used dtx-bmp then sent a texture to Paint.net, I edited the texture but not sure what name to save as, I tried one that didn't work then tried another but the aircraft showed up black.

Any help appreciated.

Col.

I found 1 website that has FS Repaint V2.23.53 that works with FSX DDS files.

It was on a Brasillian site and I bought it, I was a bit worried it might not work but fair do's it did.

So as not to muck things up I have 2 versions installed, both in the Abacus folder, 1 for FS9 and the other for FSX.

I was having a play with FSR this morning, I edited an already done texture making sure I backed it up first lol.

In FSR it looks OK but in the sim it turned out all shiny almost mettalic looking, I did a search and from what I can make out this is something to do with the Alpha.

It isn't the end of the world I was just having a play and like I said I backed up the original texture, I've done lots of repaints in FS9 so this is my first in FSX.

The original texture is a BMP by the way not a DDS if that is any help.

Any Ideas please?

Out of curiosity I edited another aircraft, this one had the DDS textures, upon loading it after the edit everything was fine, not shiny aircraft.

So the problem with the other one still remains a mystery unless someone with a bit of knowledge on the 2 file types can enlighten me, the reason I ask is I'm reluctant to try another one with the BMP textures.

I think it depends on the paintprogram you are using. You can change the default (very simple) program of FSR to a better one and you will get better results.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Archived