FSX Newbie - Need Hardware Build Feedback

ultragc

All,

I am trying to build a desktop to for FSX. My budget is about $1,200. This is what I have in mind:

My budget does not include two 1920x1080 monitors (~$150 each) I am planning to get. Base on these, my questions are:

1. Will the above be able to run FSX easily?

2. Where can I trim (if not necessary) to save some $$$.

3. What other recommendations?

Thanks

There is also a hardware forum. This particular forum is best suited for how to operate the program itself and solve user/UI problems.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?6-PC-Hardware-Video-And-Audio-Help

CPU speeds of 4 or faster on a quad core permit high graphics settings.

As a general rule, FSX is ALL about CPU clock speed. Get the fastest CPU and RAM on the fastest RAM buss you can afford. Any modern vid card will work. In FSX, the CPU does the majority of the work. No one can set them all 100% and leave them there when using intense scenery, weather, and model add-ons. No matter how much money you spend or how much you tweak, you will make some compromises somewhere in your settings choices and the add-ons you install. You cannot buy consumer hardware which will run FSX 100% all the time no matter what choices you make.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived