Errors when installing FSX

Rykane

Hey Guys, I've recently wanted to get back into FSX and want to reinstall the game but I keep getting two errors when doing so. I think it might be due to the game not uninstalling fully last time I uninstalled it. I have tried to search for any missing registry files and remove the uninstall files with the microsoft fix it program but to no solution. My system specs are in my signature

The first error I get is the following and I am able to get past this error by running the following files as admin and run the installation but after putting it the second disk and waiting I get this error.

I've also had this error too after restarting once and it would run through the first install disk extremely fast and show this error(This is not my screenshot I can't currently get into the install so I had to find a screenshot online)

If anyone has had this problem, do you have a solution? I don't want to format my drive, that's not something I would be willing to do at the current moment. I have tried running revo but nothing regarding FSX shows. I've also tried CCleaner but it doesn't do anything either.

CPU: i7-3770k CPU @4.50GHz RAM: 8192MB DDR3 Main Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 Multi-Display GPU: MSI AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit HOTAS: Saitek X-55 Rhino Headtracking: Track IR 5

There is a microsoft utility to remove the fsx registry entry. Kb928080. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?279451-How-to-clean-up-the-registry-after-uninstall

Hey il88pp, I've tried that tool multiple times yet it hasn't fixed the error issues. I've tried a few solutions I've seen online but they don't seem to work. I followed your guide but it instead of the 1722 error it gives me the "1628: Failed to complete installation" error.

CPU: i7-3770k CPU @4.50GHz RAM: 8192MB DDR3 Main Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4096MB GDDR5 Multi-Display GPU: MSI AMD Radeon HD 7990 6GB

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit HOTAS: Saitek X-55 Rhino Headtracking: Track IR 5

Hi, Thanks for the link. I've already tried that too but it didn't seem to work. I did manage to fix the issue, I followed the guide on this link: http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/11/windows-8-enable-the-hidden-administrator-account/ I logged into the admin account and used disk to try and install the game, It managed to install but most of the disk contents didn't copy over.

What did copy over however was the gameuxinstallhelper.dll which allowed me to properly uninstall the game using revo which removed any unwanted registry files too. I then installed the game and then disabled the hidden admin account and now it works.

Archived