FSX reinstallation problem.

birdguy

Members

114 posts

Joined 3 Years, 11 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted Today, 01:19 PM

I decided I needed to clean up my FSX/FTX/Orbx installation by uninstalling FSX and reisntalling everything again.

I uninstalled last evening. This afternoon I reinstalled FSX and everything semmed to go well. It instralled and registered.

But when I start it up I get 4 error messages:

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsgux\ant\Scenery) in Scenery Area.121 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\nam\Scenery) in Scenery Area122 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\csa\Scenery) in Scenery Area 123 not found.

Scenery.cfg file error, local scenery directory, (C:\fsugx\Local Meshes) in Scenery Area 124 not found.

This is a clean install after an uninstall of everything. This is a barebones FSX right out of the box with nothing added yet right after registering it.

I have no C:\fsugx\...directory on the system.

Areas 121, 122, 123 1nd 124 do show up in the scenery library.

The simulator seems to work alright. If I go to Fly Now I end up where I should, in the Trike over Puget Sound and everything looks normal.

Anybody know what's going on here and how to fix it?

Noel

When you uninstalled/reinstalled FSX you did not delete the working scenery.cfg located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Because of this you have some entries left over from your original install.

Simply go into the Scenery Library and delete those entries from the Scenery Library.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

How far flung through the system are FSX files?

Bookmark this link- http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

It details where all the files are located and is the best guide if you ever have to reinstall FSX.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived