Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 727 Config problems Vista 64 bit

Default 727 Config problems Vista 64 bit

Ok, I've read every single post in this forum and in Flight1 forum related to 429 errors.
    I just came off an XP based system, because that system died completely.
    I never had any trouble getting 727 Config to run on the XP system. However when I try to run the regsvr smartsubclass.dll after extracting it to System32 folder, I get the following message.

The Module "SmartSubClass.dll may not be compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86(32 Bit) or x64(64 bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

I've verified the WINZIP extraction of the SmartSubclass zip file did in fact load to system32 folder.

Anyone have any ideas. None of the forum articles related to this seems to get me anything, including the registry fix.
    Last edited by Boomervet; 07-09-2009 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelling Mistakes

Addtionally...I also tried to extract the comdlg32.ocx file to the system 32 folder, and then checked system32, to make sure both smartsubclass.dll was there, as well as comdlg32.ocx. Both are in the directory. Neither will start with the regsvr32.exe command.
    The screen error message received says..."The module "comdlg.ocx failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files The Specified module could not be found."

Like i said in my first post. on XP I never had any problems loading this...
    I have UAC turned off, and all virus and security turned off.
    I am on my administrator signon as well.

Sure would love to get some ideas on this one. Paul, any Thoughts??
    Last edited by Boomervet; 07-09-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Bommervet,
    Move all those files to sysWOW64 under the windows directory.Than run the register program under that directory and see if that works.

JeffG

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymg View Post
    Bommervet,
    Move all those files to sysWOW64 under the windows directory.Than run the register program under that directory and see if that works.

JeffG
    Jeffery,
    Thanks already tried that...didn't get me anything...I also deleted all of my 727 files, then got a new installation key, thinking that changing computers was causing me problems. Reinstalled the 727 using the new installation key...then extracted those two files into System 32 first..and tried to do the commands..and got the same errors. Then I did the whole process over again...this time extracting to WOW64..same results..

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymg View Post
    Bommervet,

JeffG
    Jeffery, the one constant I am not having any problems with..is the download and full operation of the aircraft in any of the base liveries. Seems others had problems with that..and I had absolutely none. it loaded fine, using my red airplane start. and I tested all aspects of the flight model in Vista 64 with no problems..I just cannot get the 727 Configurator and the TOM to load. Thanks for suggestion...

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay in answering - I've only just found your message.

If the only problem is the 727 Configurator and T-o-M in Vista64 I suspect the root cause is that these tools were designed for a 32-bit operating system and need to be updated to work in a 64-bit OS. You may get confirmation of this from the developers.

Cheers,

Alastair

AOPA #04634067

Alistair...

Thanks my friend for getting back to me on this...Seems this is a problem throughout Microsoft applications. I did Google searchs on SmartSubClass.dll and Comdlg.ocx and found quite a bit of info on multiple failures on both Vista 32 bit and 64 bit.
    I guess now I am curious as to how I can at least disable the engine failures in the aircraft model. UNless and until someone comes up with a 64 bit correction..and I am not going to hold my breath on that...then 727Configurator and TOM are apparently not going to run on this computer. Oh well!!
    Thanks for info..and hope all is well over the pond!!!

Many regards,
    Robert

8. Default

I'll ask Steve at Flight 1 to take a look at this thread as it's Flight 1 that provided both T-O-M & C-O-M, so they may know the answer.
    Cheers

Paul Golding
    Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

9. Default

Maybe you should try to boot into Safe Mode and try it there.

Unfortunately, your problem does seem somewhat not so common, indicating a deeper system issue... such as a non-disabled virus scanner (in some cases they need to be uninstalled), or some other issue. Even if you had one installed, and uninstalled it in the past, there still could be remnants on your system.

Try Safe Mode... otherwise, I do not know what it wrong and it would take deeper examination. The comdlg32.ocx file is from Microsoft! So if that one cannot register, then it is a system problem.

Maybe try to register it in a different path, like C:\Test or some other name.

Steve,

Ok thanks will do. in safe mode...I am running Trend Micro Virus protection...But had already disabled those...and Also placed in the virus scan exception list, the 2 files...SmartSubclass.dll and Comdlg.ocx. so that the virus scanner would not try and toss them out. The 2 files are still in my System 32 folder as well...I also went into the Micro soft website..and a couple of other sites, and tried downloading the Comdlg.ocx file and tried it that way and got the same result. I looked at an explanation of these 2 errors in Microsoft...and they are pointing towards some system problem as well...given the errors encountered.Push comes to shove I will get Microsoft involved and see if they can determine what is going on...Thanks for response..I appreciate..

Robert

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast