Service Pack

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

I'll definatly continue to spread the word. This 727 is simply the best flightsim product out there - and I own them almost all. This bird already flies like a dream. It has IMO the best FDE I've ever flown in MSFS -sorry never had the chance to fly a 727 for real ;-) only little stuff.

The visuals are stunning and panel is simply awsome (incl. VC, even though I'm a big IMC 2-D panel kinda guy, even I fly this beauty from the VC every now and then ;-)

Keep up the great work Paul and team, this is THE BEST add-on for flightsim, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one thinking that and therefore I will do my best to spread the word as soon as the update comes out!!!

BTW, did I tell you that I really like the 727 ;-)

Cheers,

Pete

Looking forward to it Paul. Like several others have stated, the 727 is the only "classic" aircraft I fly now and I probably have every one that has ever been produced. Great job!

George Stoddard

"bigun"

>Nearly the end of the road!!!

>

>While we wait for the gauges, Paul S has been creating the

>final mdl

>files so they all include the added and amended parts that

>have been worked on. The final line up will be:

>

>727-100 passenger

>727-100 freighter

>727-100 (RE) (WL) Super 27 passenger (-217 pod engines and

>winglets)

>727-100 (RE) (WL) Super 27 freighter (-217 pod engines and

>winglets) - OK I can't find one of these in use so it could be

>fantasy!

>727-200 passenger

>727-200 freighter

>727-200 (RE) (WL) Super 27 passenger (-217 pod engines and

>winglets)

>727-200 (RE) (WL) Super 27 freighter (-217 pod engines and

>winglets)

>

>As an added bonus because he was on a bit of roll, Paul S has

>also

>added the 727-200 (HK) (WL), this using the FedEx type hushkit

>as opposed the normal full hushkit plus

>winglets..............good for the likes of the latest PanAm

>727s and other operators that have gone for the bit of extra

>mileage that winglets give and without spending heaps on a

>couple of new engines.

>

>Just to complicate things, each mdl is created as a no vc

>(with wing views) mdl, analogue vc and efis vc. I didn't add

>it up, but that's a lot of possible combinations t give the

>setup you want!!!

>

>More to come very soon.

>

It will be possible to chose winglet or not in the Super 200?

Sandro Becker

I've already got a couple of VIP 100 Super27s done. Are you sure this is a Super 27, from the pic's it looks like it has normal engines. Also, you'll need to find me some closeup of the tail and daytime pic's as well before I'll do it. If you do, I'll paint it :-)

Cheers

Paul Golding

Dreamfleet/Flight1 727 & 727X Developer

Speaking of charging....

I'm still waiting on the boxed version. Any idea? Not sure why you guys have held off for the final changes. Seems like the initial release with a patch file would have given you a little better cash flow.

Mike

The tcas works with FS AI traffic just as I beleive it was designed to. In my opinion many of us are too concerened about online tcas. Is the tcas function really such a major part of the experience for you guys ?! For what it's worth, I wish this package had just a plain v-speed gauge.

i5 2500k / Asrock P67 Extreme4 gen3 / 8800GTS 512 / 8GB DDR3 1600 / CM hyper 212 / antec 550W / ASUS 23" VH232H / Windows 7 - 64

FSX UTX GEX REX TEX MEX SEX

How about if you get the tables up on the screen and set the bugs yourself for the speed calls and then during the take-off roll get calls for "80 knots", "fuel flows normal","V1, rotate" and "V2"?

Cheers

Paul Golding

>How about if you get the tables up on the screen and set the

>bugs yourself for the speed calls and then during the take-off

>roll get calls for "80 knots", "fuel flows normal","V1,

>rotate" and "V2"?

I think KC-10 was asking for a non-TCAS VSI. The EFIS panel has a plain VSI, and I think it can be swapped into the non-EFIS panel.cfgs - I haven't tried it, and I did ask but someone said it could cause a problem, (perhaps if the TCAS controls on the radio stack are looking for a TCAS gauge which is no longer part of the panel?) But I'm sure I heard of someone doing this successfully. Back up the CFGs first...!

Perhaps the 727 would work online if you don't engage TA/RA mode, and don't use any TCAS function, and swap in the non-TCAS VSI from the EFIS panel. Perhaps, given that online-ATC users probably know their way about a panel.cfg already, DF could produce a non-TCAS version of the transponder gauge, so the online users could put it into their panels and have no TCAS but also no crashes? It wouldn't need new graphics even, it could just have the TCAS sections of code removed, or the TCAS selections locked out. I don't know if that's a feasable idea.

Sandro, from what I read all the super-27s have winglets.

Every varient that DF include will multiply the number of .cfgs required. Right now, we've got the -100 and -200, passenger and freighter, original or (RE,WL), plus the -200 (HK,WL). That's 2*2*2+1 = 9 basic varients. On top of that, each one has the options of no-VC or VC, and EFIS or Analogue, which increases the number of varients by a factor of 4, giving 36 varients in total - if DF were to add non-(WL) super-27s, that would make it (2*2*3+1)*4 = 52 varients, adding 16 more models to produce - the -100 and -200 pax and freight no-VC and VC analogue and EFIS versions of the (RE)(no-WL) aircraft... a lot of work for a small difference, I think?

Omykron, as I understand, the number 2 engine is the original engine but with a hushkit, and with the reverser removed. The numbers 1 and 3 engines are MD-80-standard -217s with bucket reversers.

Whew, a what a lovely badly-formatted block of text - just what the thread needed!

>I think KC-10 was asking for a non-TCAS VSI.

I don't think so.

>Sandro, from what I read all the super-27s have winglets.

No. Winglets are an option. Super 27 equals replacing engine pod 1 and 3 with JT8D-217 or -219 engines...........that's the definition.

>Every varient that DF include will multiply the number of

>.cfgs required. Right now, we've got the -100 and -200,

>passenger and freighter, original or (RE,WL), plus the -200

>(HK,WL). That's 2*2*2+1 = 9 basic varients. On top of that,

>each one has the options of no-VC or VC, and EFIS or Analogue,

>which increases the number of varients by a factor of 4,

>giving 36 varients in total - if DF were to add non-(WL)

>super-27s, that would make it (2*2*3+1)*4 = 52 varients,

>adding 16 more models to produce - the -100 and -200 pax and

>freight no-VC and VC analogue and EFIS versions of the

>(RE)(no-WL) aircraft... a lot of work for a small difference,

>I think?

I'm not even going there!!

>Omykron, as I understand, the number 2 engine is the original

>engine but with a hushkit, and with the reverser removed. The

>numbers 1 and 3 engines are MD-80-standard -217s with bucket

>reversers.

Or -219's.

>Whew, a what a lovely badly-formatted block of text - just

>what the thread needed!

LOL!!! I guess if it gets said often enough, the questions will stop.

Cheers

Paul Golding

>I think KC-10 was asking for a non-TCAS VSI.

>I don't think so.

Yes that's what I meant. Actually, I wasn't really asking for one, I just meant that the tcas function is something I don't need and I would've even prefered a standard vsi. And I was trying to point out that the tcas works with AI traffic, which if I'm not mistaken, it was designed to do. Getting it to work online would not be "fixing" it, because it aint broken (except for the CTD but that's different than the actual funtionality issue.)

Thanks PhilipsCDRW I didn't know about the vsi on the ehsi panel.

Also, for now you can avoid the FS/Squawkbox crash by starting SB after adding electrical power.

i5 2500k / Asrock P67 Extreme4 gen3 / 8800GTS 512 / 8GB DDR3 1600 / CM hyper 212 / antec 550W / ASUS 23" VH232H / Windows 7 - 64

FSX UTX GEX REX TEX MEX SEX

>Sorry, I meant that all the DF Super-27s that are

>coming in the servicepack/add-on have winglets (plus the

>-200(HK)(WL) Pan Am aircraft). Winglets aren't optional for

>the Greatest Airliners 727 v1.1 Super-27s.

That is correct :-)

Cheers

Paul Golding

>Also, for now you can avoid the FS/Squawkbox crash by starting

>SB after adding electrical power, (i.e. tcas/vsi ON).

Am I correct in assuming there's no issue with using the transponder either, providing SB is started after adding the elec's?

Am I also correct in assuming that TCAS fails to display online targets under any circumstances?

Cheers

Paul Golding

>I correct in assuming there's no issue with using the transponder >either, providing SB is started after adding the elec's?

>Am I also correct in assuming that TCAS fails to display online targets >under any circumstances?

Hi Paul!

About your first question: to me, it happens with the SB being engaged before or after. And don't forget about IVAP! It also happens with it!

About your second question: yes. Very true. Targets and RAs are not shown.

Can we, the end-users, edit the gauges to remove the TCAS sections, and make individual online-compatible versions of the 727?

I don't fly online, I don't know how Squawkbox works. I assume the TCAS gauges (the EVSI and the transponder gauge) are making the 727 crash online. So, we could make a new 727 varient - -200 Pax Analogue VC Online, or something, which wouldn't be managed by the config manager. Edit the panel.cfg to use the non-TCAS VSI from the EFIS panel. Remove the transponder gauge entirely, and if necessary add a default one, or some suitable substitute. I would assume that would fix the problem.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~jsd23/anavsi1.jpg

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~jsd23/anavsi2.jpg

Hmm, it looks like the panel background must be edited too. Playing with the transponder TCAS knobs offline didn't cause any problems.

All that I did was to go to the 727 folder, find out which panel it's aliased to, and edit that panel.cfg (backing it up first, of course) changing it from

gaugeXX=DF727NJ4!EVSI,aaa,bbb,cc,dd

to

gaugeXX=DF727NJ1!VSI,aaa,bbb,cc,dd

This must be done in about eight places, captain and FO main and landing, and VC - just look through every block of gauges or search for evsi.