Addon Scenery in Scenery Library not showing in sim.

pf flyer

I am an experienced FSX user.

2 things stumping me- the first may have been an issue since I installed FSX-SE and the 2nd one just started recently.

1- I have my addon sceneries, airports, MegaScenery, etc. in an extenal SSD. I add them all through normal methods and show as enabled in the scenery libraruy. But they are not showing in the sim. For instance, MegaScenery Arizona. The Grand Canyon is supposed to be pretty detailed but it shows as generic, bland, colorless, no trees around it, etc. If I disable it in the scvenery library (going back to the default scenery) it actually looks better- trees around the area, more detailed peaks, etc. My other addons, freeqware scenery and airports likeise look the same weather enabled or default.

2- It seems I have zero AI traffic at major airports, whether default or addon. My traffic settings are about 3/4 up. (I disabled Aircraft casts ground shadows after reading that suggestion somewhere.)

I get no error messages when starting up FSX and otherwise the sim runs fine on a pretty modern PC.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Pete

My first suggestion would be to disable all add-on scenery and add-on ai traffic, then restart FSX.

After that is done, does FSX function normally, i.e. initial install normal.?

If so, enable add-ons, one at a time followed by FSX restart to check that each works once enabled.

If not, you may need to reinstall (or do a repair install) of FSX.

This is just a quick down and dirty suggestion based on the info you provided.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

I appreciate the suggestions. I did delete a few addon sceneries (not all of them...) and restarted FSX and the default scenery loaded with no issues, and looked the same as when the addons were enabled. My scenery.cfg shows all the addons with the correct location.

I have no addon AI traffic, at least I don't recall ever adding any.

I went into the Steam App and did the Validate Files option. It showed a lot of corrupted ones, then rebuilt them. Now a bunch of addpon sceneries are looking right, although Megascenery still doesn't look that much better than default. It should, right???

I still have no traffic, even at major airports like LAX, PHX.....