FS2002 Sceneries in FSX:SE?

Ryubunao1478

FS2002 has a flat earth, FSX a round earth. So no.

"Maybe" some of the scenery objects "might" be usable, but nor the scenery itself.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

2 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

FS2002 has a flat earth, FSX a round earth. So no.

"Maybe" some of the scenery objects "might" be usable, but nor the scenery itself.

You know that doesn't sound good at all; our Sim World is a Disk. Platter. Record Album. Dinner Plate... So I'll just fly off the 'edge', then... 🤬 😋

Is it true that in Nine as you approach the Poles the World turns into a Cylinder?

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

53 minutes ago, ViperPilot2 said:

Is it true that in Nine as you approach the Poles the World turns into a Cylinder?

The FS2004 world is a cylinder, when you get close enough to either pole you "warp" to the corresponding point 180deg across the pole, heading in the opposite direction.  I believe this is somewhere around the 10th, maybe 5th, parallel;  so we cannot recreate a polar flight.

For the OP, some FS2002 scenery will work in FS2004, but the farther from the equator it is the less likely it will work well, and it is doubtful it will work at all in FSX (coordinates and elevations will be too far off, it may appear but not where expected, runways may not be properly oriented, navaids could be incorrectly placed ...issues with the latter can even cause CTDs).

"Conversion" as such is doubtful, you could use all the scenery objects to create a new scenery just for FSX.

• Like 1