Hello. Long time since a post! Re: MSFS Addons Linker

I have downloaded the addons linker from Flightsim.to.  I extract the files but I don't see any install fille just the single application file.  The .exe file launches an XML config file.  When I click the MSFS_AddonsLinker application file it says starting and then launches to the Options page and doesn't let me add any Folders to the Add Folders area.  It lets me browse to where I want a folder to be added, but doesn't add it in. It keeps saying I need to add at least one folder to apply changes.   All the tutorials show it launching to a main program page not the options page.  Is there another way to "install it"??   Any help appreciated.  Windows 10, store version MSFS 2020.  Thank your

Rob

KSCH

Been a while since I started using Addons Linker but now find it indispensable.

Think your problem may be that you have to set up a folder for your addons first then "construct" a hierarchy, for instance I use sub-folders for aircraft, countries (with sub folders within for each), utilities etc. You then need to move your addons into the relevant folders and sub-folders.

Once that's done you run Addons Linker and tell it where your storage main folder is as well as your Community Folder. It will then build the table where you can thereafter add or subtract whatever addons you want to use into the Community Folder. I also make full use of the presets facility which means I don't have to reset the whole thing when changing aircraft/scenery/etc.

It takes a bit of setting up but well worth it in the end. There was an excellent Utube vid on how to set it all up, if I remember the dev included a link to it on Flightsim.to