FSX Terrain Glitch

Ryubunao1478

The airport is missing a ground poly (GP) to flatten the surrounding area.

You can make on using ADE, save as a bgl, and then add to you addon scenery/scenery folder.

If this is an add on airport, reinstall, you may have somehow corrupted a bgl file.

Which airport?

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

13 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

You can make on using ADE, save as a bgl, and then add to you addon scenery/scenery folder.

If this is an add on airport, reinstall, you may have somehow corrupted a bgl file.

Which airport?

Manila Airport. I downloaded this addon (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7974/fsx-naia-rpll-photoreal-scenery/) Because I wanted to try it. I activated it after downloading and realized it looks ugly, so I deleted it and put on another addon (https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=222737) but then the ground appeared like this suddenly. I don't know how to fix it. I turned off the add-on to default scenery and it's still like that.

19 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Which airport?

Also I don't know how. I don't know how to use ADE, even if I have it for months. I just didn't bother to use it. So could you please send me a tutorial??

8 hours ago, Ryubunao1478 said:

so I deleted it

Did you just delete the scenery files or did you remove it in the setting/scenery files/delete area?

8 hours ago, Ryubunao1478 said:

put on another addon

I loaded the one from AvSim (fsx_rpll_rs.zip) and it appears to be missing its scenery folder.

I would ensure that both add-ons are properly removed  this file, reload FSX to ensure the default airfield is OK, and try a different version of scenery for Manilla.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6882eeed458b2e5b1e93bc366c4bd0b.jpeg

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

41 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Did you just delete the scenery files or did you remove it in the setting/scenery files/delete area?

I deleted it first in Scenery Library and waited for it to delete from the sim. Then after doing that, I deleted it again but this time on the Addon Scenery folder.

43 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I loaded the one from AvSim (fsx_rpll_rs.zip) and it appears to be missing its scenery folder.

That problem doesn't show up to me

44 minutes ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I would ensure that both add-ons are properly removed  this file, reload FSX to ensure the default airfield is OK, and try a different version of scenery for Manilla.

I reloaded it and it's still messy. And I cannot find a good scenery that will work for FSX:SE, doesn't have that much frame drop, and not payware.
Although I redownloaded the FSX RPLL RS file, edited it using ADE 179 to change the terrain, compiled it, loaded up the sim, and sees that it's fixed. The only problem is that tons of buildings are missing, but the problem is not related. It's more related to that building not being in the Library Objects, so I probably have to replace some. If you could send a link to all of the buildings required to make this addon work, I'd really appreciate it!

I looked at the unzipped folder again.

This is not the same as many scenery airports that have the folder placed in Addon Scenery.

The readme states to place the bgls (chose two of the three based on use of closed runway use or not) into the Addon Scenery/Scenery folder, and copy the textures from the Jetway Texture folder into the main Texture folder.

I followed the readme instruction and the airport looks great.

If you followed the readme directions and still have a problem, then it's beyond my ability to sort out why it won't work with your setup.

phrog x 2.jpg