Set keyboard assignment to change zoom

nadlzfw

Something weird happened: fs9 'forgot' some keyboard assignments.  Once I realized what happened, I could recreate the assignments easily enough.

But, I had keyboard assignments to increase and decrease zoom while in virtual cockpit (+ and -).  These have been lost.  I can't find anywhere in the assignments the increase and decrease zoom command.  I can adjust it from the menu, but that's a pain in the ventral. 

Does anyone know how to create a keyboard assignment to change zoom?

Nadlzfw

My installation zooms in and out in the virtual cockpit just by using the +/- keys, just as it does in the 2D cockpit.

I'm unaware of any assignments having been set.

Do you have the same problem with all aircraft?

In FS9.CFG there appears to be only one line that refers to 'zoom' :-

[KEYBOARD_MAIN]

ZOOM_1X=8,8

Might be worth checking that it's still there, but I don't know what'd happen if it wasn't!

If you don't know, FS9.CFG is kept in C:\Users\'yourname'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

5 hours ago, nadlzfw said:

Something weird happened: fs9 'forgot' some keyboard assignments.  Once I realized what happened, I could recreate the assignments easily enough.

But, I had keyboard assignments to increase and decrease zoom while in virtual cockpit (+ and -).  These have been lost.  I can't find anywhere in the assignments the increase and decrease zoom command.  I can adjust it from the menu, but that's a pain in the ventral. 

Does anyone know how to create a keyboard assignment to change zoom?

Nadlzfw

Look for "Increase/Decrease Selection"...

Default Keyboard Assignment:

Increase =

Decrease -

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

I sometimes have the same problem, in that some keyboard functions suddenly and unexpectedly, no longer work. I solve the problem every time by re-storing my FS9.cfg from re-named backups in the same folder and as soon as everything works correctly again, I copy/paste my FS9.cfg file a few times and rename the copies into, e.g. FS9.txt, FS9.new, FS9.xxxx, etc.

Why and how this occurs remains a mystery.

Hans

Mark,

I'm still using the very original Win7 64bit from the original DVDs for my huge but efficiently organized FS9. This totally to FS9 dedicated machine has never even had any kind of internet connection, so never any issues after Win7 updates. However, these sudden and unexpected keyboard issues have been bugging me right from the very beginning but I've learned to get used to them. I suspect that they have something to do with my keyboard itself but cannot find any way to prove it because other keyboards display the same problems.

Long live FS9 !!

Hans

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2024 at 2:11 PM, hjwalter said:

I sometimes have the same problem, in that some keyboard functions suddenly and unexpectedly, no longer work. I solve the problem every time by re-storing my FS9.cfg from re-named backups in the same folder and as soon as everything works correctly again, I copy/paste my FS9.cfg file a few times and rename the copies into, e.g. FS9.txt, FS9.new, FS9.xxxx, etc.

Why and how this occurs remains a mystery.

Hans

I had that problem when using Airport Design Editor and "connecting" it to FS. For some stupid, inexplicable reason, my FS9.cfg file would be re-written to the default settings, forcing me to remap all my preferred keystrokes. Once I discovered the culprit, I stopped connecting to FS when using ADE and I've never had a problem since.

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson

12 hours ago, scott_295 said:

I had that problem when using Airport Design Editor and "connecting" it to FS. For some stupid, inexplicable reason, my FS9.cfg file would be re-written to the default settings, forcing me to remap all my preferred keystrokes. Once I discovered the culprit, I stopped connecting to FS when using ADE and I've never had a problem since.

Are you running FS9 as admin and using a compatibility mode?

Mark Daniels

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 11:57 PM, Skywatcher12 said:

Are you running FS9 as admin and using a compatibility mode?

Yes.

If the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... hee hee. Oh, you ought to see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a 52 - vrooom! Ha! Its jet exhaust frying chickens in the barnyard! Ha ha! - Gen Buck Turgidson