Fhoto scenery versus SBuilder polygon

hjwalter

Hi All ye experts,

I've had all three of the addon (UK) Channel island airports for a long time already and I recently found good looking "cover all" satellite photo sceneries for both Guernsey and Jersey in the the library. I downloaded/installed both of them but the colours of the Guernsey airport terrain were not really to my liking because they were just too bright yellowish/brown.

No problem I thought, so I made my own SBuildrer terrain polygon for the whole Guernsey airport area, like I've done for so many others before .... BUT .... my new terrain (= VTTP file) doesn't show up in this particular scenery, most probably because it remains hidden under the photo terrain. However, the Adcad aprons, taxiways, runway, etc. do show up and work correctly.

I've already tried to place my VTTP file in a separate higher priority folder but that doesn't help in any way.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem, so that my VTTP polygon actually appears on top of the overall photo scenery ?

Thanks for any suggestions/solutions.

Regards

Hans

Photo scenery always over-rides other types of background scenery, with just airport sceneries, buildings and autogen sitting on the photo.

Might be possible to edit the Guernsey photo-scenery to mute the colours and maybe "green it up" a bit, but you'd need to make consistent adjustments to each bmp so's the overall effect was continuous.

At least Guernsey isn't very big, so there's not very many bmp's that'll need adjusting 😉

Thanks chris_eve for your reply.

It only confirms the developing notion, which I already had on this Guernsey subject. Too bad but the colouring of the foto scenery itself is seasonal and the summer ones tend to look somewhat greener/better.

Now then, on to Jersey, where I've already seen some mesh and coastline issues.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply and confirmation.

Hans