Happy new year all

My sim pc is 

Asus mother board

i5-4690k 3.5 (4CPUs)

8gig ddr3

Invidia gforce GTX 1650 Tuf 4g ddr6

windows 10 Home

DirectX 12

Not the best PC but for the time being does the job ok I am also running steves DX10 fixer 

I have some tweaks in my cfg file

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=14

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[BUFFERPOOLS]
PoolSize=0

When putting in the tweaks is there an exact location in the cfg file that the tweaks need to go 

Regards 

Rhys 

Rhys,

That your Windows has DX12 does not mean a thing for FSX, which wants DX9c, and for FSX your hardware is just fine - I used to run it on a much less powerful machine. In case you want to make sure you have DX9c, there's a DX updater available somewhere, but I forgot the link to it. 

And just remember - everything that you can do with the "old" FSX, you can do with the Steam Edition, it's just its location that changed with Steam.

And there's no fixed place for where the tweaks should go, just place them "somewhere" where it makes sense to you, and you can find them again easily, in case you want to change something later.

Jorgen

Just search for "DX9.0c Redistributable", it's available at many places.  Download and run it, it will ask where to put its files, choose anywhere (a temp folder is good), this is just to extract the files;  you then go to that folder and run the install (or setup?) and it will go from there.  

While all newer DX versions contain everything from older ones, MS changed the folder structure with DX10 (Vista), so windows chokes with some older programs that may call their functions by path instead of just function name.  Installing DX9 will not interfere with any newer DX versions you have, each has its own folder and when MS receives a function call it starts with the newest one and works its way back til it finds it.

You can check what versions of DX you have in "Programs and Features", look for "Microsoft Visual Basic C++" listings;  don't be surprised if there are several (I have DX 9, 10, 11, 12, and 14 on this old Win7 system).

On 1/2/2024 at 1:15 AM, Reco01 said:

When putting in the tweaks is there an exact location in the cfg file that the tweaks need to go 

There is no set order for items in aircraft cfg (after the individual sections) or FS cfg, as long as tweaks are in the proper bracket it's good.  But in scenery.cfg, panel.cfg, and sound.cfg proper order must be maintained