PC files - Save backup

Hi there,

Maybe someone could help me on this matter, please? Because I think I am missing something.

I wanted to run backups of my Microsoft Flight Simulator save files. Well, I play on Linux, the game is running very well, etc. I just can´t  find the files, or I don't know what they are, where to find them, etc.

I was able to find a folder which, I think, is correlative to the Windows's folder:

/home/my_user/drive/SteamLibrary/steamapps/compatdata/1250410/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator

I tried to locate saves inside the above path, without success. Well, any help here would be very appreciated.

What do I need to save/backup, moreover?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there are any files you can backup in the MSFS installation on your machine - MSFS stores it's settings in the Cloud then when you start up the game it firstly checks for any updates (which,m incidentally includes any sim files that have gone missing or are corrupted) then loads in your settings. This is why you must be connected on-line and logged in to start the sim.

As far as I'm aware you can only backup things like third-party addons, controller settings etc.

I save my Flight Plans as a backup.  Those are NOT stored on the cloud (unless this has changed??)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

You can save plans as much as you want, but you need to understand what is saved when you save a flight plan. No, saving a flight plan does not mean you can resume that flight where you left off.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

6 hours ago, Ewsg said:

Thank you guys.

So, I don't get to save my flight plans. I mean, I am unable to save them and load them at a later date, for example, resuming my flights. Is that possible?

Your flight plans CAN be saved, there just saved locally, not like all your other settings.  If you reinstall MSFS it will overwrite (at least it use to) your old Flight Plans.  That's why I suggested a backup of them 🙂  

As for resuming a flight, see this thread-

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

10 minutes ago, Ewsg said:

I am a bit confused with all of that file types. Flight plans are .flt files, right

For pause and resuming, so I assume this is not possible, am I right?

Thanks again. 🙂

I "think" the FLT file is the one that gets created when you save.

I do know that the other file the PLN is created whenever I make a flight plan (not a saved in flight).