FSX Gold Edition and Windows 11 Compatibility

afb

Since it is getting extremely difficult to keep my Windows 7 64-bit O.S. running or reinstalling I am considering that I may be forced to install Windows 11 on the flight computer.  I would have preferred to jump to Windows 10 but it seems impossible to get an authentic installation package at this time.

Can anyone confirm that FSX Gold Edition or P3d v 2 or Xplane 11 will run with acceptable functionality on a 64-bit system?  Of the 3 of these I use FSX the most and would value installing it the most due to add-on products I have obtained over the years.

Also for many years I had been a member of this site but the login has apparently changed since.  Is their any reason I might find it important to recover my previous activity?

It should be possible for you to get Windows 10, have a look here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=get+windows+10&oq=get+windows+10&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDQ1MzVqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Personally, I am sticking with Windows 10 Pro for as long as I can. From what I see of Win 11, there are no advantages, only some changes that are not to my liking.

Jorgen

I have W 11 on the laptop I am using now and I hate it.  Very intrusive.  I have spent a great deal of time disabling things that were downright in violation of my privacy.  I di check some of the links you recommended a while ago.  I am suspicious of W 10 installation software that seems too low priced.  Eventually I gave up looking.  In any event the same thing is soon to happen to v.10 as happened to v.7  Maybe I'll do a bit more looking at W 10.

I still would like to hear from anyone having moved FSX Gold (or any non-Steam version) to Windows 11.

41 minutes ago, afb said:

I still would like to hear from anyone having moved FSX Gold (or any non-Steam version) to Windows 11.

I moved FSX Gold to Windows 11 several months ago in an attempt to resolve an API.DLL crash problem what started after some Windows 10 updates.  Unfortunately, it didn't completely resolve the issue, but some steps I took lessened it.

Not everyone using FSX with Windows 10 or 11 has those issues and a potential remedy has been suggested.  I haven't had enough time to test it, so can't say if it's a fix or not.

Anyway, I've had no issues different than updated Windows 10.   Yes there are some things Windows 11 does that I don't like, but most I've been able to get around.  I would suggest if you choose to update, download RUFUS and use that to upgrade.  It allows you to bypass things such as force Windows logon, etc.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

On 12/6/2023 at 7:41 AM, jorgen.s.andersen said:

It should be possible for you to get Windows 10, have a look here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=get+windows+10&oq=get+windows+10&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDQ1MzVqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Personally, I am sticking with Windows 10 Pro for as long as I can. From what I see of Win 11, there are no advantages, only some changes that are not to my liking.

Jorgen

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hi jorgen,  me again.

That's precisely why I got rid of Windows 11  to much hassle with the Look of Windows Files and Desktop shortcuts.

Windows 10 Files and Shortcuts are great.

All the best

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.