Virtual Cockpit not showing for Project Open Skies aircraft

ritcheyl

I've just recently got back into FSX after several years of inactivity, and a computer crash. I've reloaded FSX Acceleration on my computer and everything is working fine except the virtual cockpits aren't showing up on the Project Open Skies aircraft I've installed? I seem to remember years ago that you had to install a Microsoft .dll file in the main FSX directory to get the virtual cockpits to load. Any help would be appreciated. Also, how do you know if FSX is running 64 or 32 bit? My system is Windows 10 64 bit so I'm assuming I'm running 64. But FSX is an old program so not sure if it runs at 64.

LR

21 minutes ago, ritcheyl said:

I seem to remember years ago that you had to install a Microsoft .dll file in the main FSX directory to get the virtual cockpits to load.

You need MSVCR70.DLL in the FSX root for the PoSky 777 gauges.

It uses stock FS2004 gauges (as the 777 was an FS2004 stock aircraft). So you'll need these gauges as well.

This applies to the 777 ONLY, and to some gauges only. If nothing of the VC shows, as you seem to imply, this won't solve the problem.

except the virtual cockpits aren't showing up

Please be aware some (most?) Posky aircraft simply DON'T HAVE a VC. 

Also, how do you know if FSX is running 64 or 32 bit? My system is Windows 10 64 bit so I'm assuming I'm running 64.

FSX is 32bit but runs fine on Windows 10 64bit.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg