Flightsim Commander 10.0 and FSX Steam "no process response"

Honus

I've almost completed the transition from my Windows 7 system to Windows 11 and most of it working fine.  only problem now is Flight Sim Commander won't connect the FSX and gives a message 'no process response' which tells me nothing.  Anyone else with this problem?  Is there a better flight planner?  I've used FSC for a long time and it had worked fine and still does except it doesn't connect.  I've got FSUIPC 4 in a module folder in FSX Steam.   what am I missing?  Thanks

20 hours ago, Honus said:

I've got FSUIPC 4 in a module folder in FSX Steam.

If you just copied the folder from yr old system, that won't work.

You need to run the FSUIPC installer, which autodetects where FSX (boxed or SE) resides IIRC.

Get your installer from http://www.fsuipc.com/   (you need v4.977).

BTW the Modules folder is an FS2004 leftover, FSX works through dll.xml and exe.xml. FSUIPC can be installed anywhere.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

ok, got FSCommander working.  Thanks for the tip on the FSUIPC. The other issue is FSReal Time.  Do I still need that?  When I try to install it, it asks for me to 'insert disc 1'.   I didn't install FSX from a disc so not sure how to get around that.  When I try to run FS RealTime it says one of the components is missing so I guess I can't just move it over from my old system.  If I don't need it, that would be fine too.

• 3 months later...

Good evening Forum, good evening Honus,

I hope it is allowed here to refer to an old thread. I just saw the statement above from Honus, that he managed to get FSC running on WIN11. I am in a similar situation, as FSC 10 won’t run under WIN10. 8.6 did but could not accept updated Airac cycles, so I tried 10 (actually 9.7), which is accepted by Navigraph data manager. My FSC starts normally, then the airport selection windows appears, I can select an airport and then FSC iconizes to the task list and then it stops. Hoovering on the Icon shows an empty little frame.

I am using FSC with FS2004: FSC has two versions in the setup, so I could select FS2004 and also could initially scan the with the FSC data utility.

Does anybody have a suggestion, or Honus can you tell me what tricks you did not get it run?

Thanks and best regards,

Klaus

I didn't have any tricks.  I just installed it and it ran fine once I got the paths established.  The secret lies in setting the paths.

I had more difficulty getting FSX to run but it's reasonably stable now except it crashes to desktop sometimes when I change aircraft.  Still working on that.