Spot view control

jgf

Is there a way to lock the spot view to the aircraft?  I often want a view directly behind my plane and level with it, fifty yards or so back;  but the minute I maneuver the plane that view shifts.

Also when swinging the view around the plane (via hat switch) instead of my view rotating around the plane, the plane remains in the same heading relative to me but rotates around in teh air in front of me.  If I just keep the switch pressed the plane will rotate sometimes closer, sometimes farther away, sometimes my view sails through the plane, but eventually will settle down and function normally (my view moving around the plane).    Is there a quick way to stop this idiocy?

In FS9 go to VIEW,

from the drop down menu select VIEW OPTIONS,

In the box that appers activate the radio button for SPOT PLANE

Make sure the GRADUAL TRANSITION box is NOT ticked

In the TYPE box select LOOP

Click OK

Go back to main screen:

You can now cntrol the spot plane position using SHIFT+numeric pad numbers (ensure Num Lock is NOT on)

The distance of the spot plane view using SHIFT+ (Minus-) or (Equals=) keys

Hope above helps

• Like 1

That seems to have done it, thanks. 

One of those things I once knew (encountering more and more of those as years go by);  online search only found FSX articles or threads about using third party software for camera control ...and one link to Flightsim that got me the "We can't find that" page.