Flickering Mouse Cursor

Anyone else have this issue after the last update? My mouse cursor flickers so bad, makes flight almost impossible. I can't click on certain knobs and dials. Googling didn't help much. 

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

27 minutes ago, kingnorris said:

Anyone else have this issue after the last update? My mouse cursor flickers so bad, makes flight almost impossible. I can't click on certain knobs and dials. Googling didn't help much. 

Now that you brought this up, yes, I have had it happen.  I can still click on things, however, it is a touch difficult and very annoying.  I've also seen the cursor turn into a round white dot (best way to describe it)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

On 8/22/2023 at 1:08 AM, kingnorris said:

You may have already seen this, but if not take a look. Hopefully it’ll help 

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I am having the same issue (for a while) and it is getting worse. It seems to be some interaction with the JOYSTICK ! If I unplug the joystick while in flight the mouse pointer flicker is gone allowing clicks. Then I re-plug to joystick but the problem returns. It is really annoying! I will try your suggestion to switch to DX11 and see what happens. Will report back.

1 hour ago, Apollo_Eight said:

Update: DX11 vs DX12 ==> no difference;  Window mode vs Full screen mode ==> no difference (mouse pointer still flickers unless I unplug the joystick!)

One question KingNorris; are you by any chance using a Saitek X52 joystick?

Yes, as a matter of fact I am. The flickering is now happening when I use the brakes (the trigger)

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

5 hours ago, Apollo_Eight said:

Thanks for replying. I wish it was only while using the brakes. What fix it for you?

I have not been able to use the "official" drivers for the X52 and have to use the default driver provided by Windows 11.

So far, just reverting back to DX11 fixed it. (knock on wood)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, Wothan said:

When I see this, I need to wigle my rudder pedals to make it go away.

Seems to relate to control axis inputs.

I don't have rudder pedals myself, so that's not it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this latest update fixed the issue. I turned off “show white dot” in Settings>General>Accessibility  and all’s well so far.

FINALLY!