1st Flight Across the Canadian Rockies, 1919

• Founder

title.jpg

1st Flight Across the Canadian Rockies, 1919

By Frank's MS Flight Sim

Come join me in the famous Curtiss JN-4 biplane to see how Captain Ernest Hoy, WW1 Ace, made the 1st flight across the Canadian Rocky Mountains, from Vancouver to Calgary. In this video we will use some of the pilot's own words. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

Captain Ernest Hoy on Wikipedia
This Day In Aviation: Ernest Charles Hoy

Frank’s MS Flight Sim

https://www.youtube.com/@FranksMSFlightSimulator

About Frank's MS Flight Sim

New channel begun in 2021. Visit notable airfields and areas in Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). Themes so far include: WW2; Bush/Mt./Water/Outback strips; “Golden Oldie” strips; heritage/vintage strips; and aircraft accident investigations. More different themes to come. Expect a new video roughly each week. Provides brief, interesting information, often with history, geography, maps, pictures etc, and great places to fly in MSFS. Focus is on interesting content rather than production values.

Frank continues to provide visually pleasing and informative historically accurate presentations.

So much of aviation history is out there to be explored and recreated using flight simulations.

Thank you and keep them coming.

Nels, perhaps adding a "history" or "historical" tag to these types of videos and articles ,ay help them to be located by our users.

• Thanks 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Very interesting story! As one who has flown over the Rockies in an RV at 11,000’, I appreciate many aspects of the landscape he encountered. I am wondering if there was some sort of 100 year anniversary acknowledgment of the flight in 2019?