FSX API.dll crash (no fixes in other threads)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following this thread, and the one item I don't see explained is why are you using Simconnect? 

Is there a feature or are you developing add-on features. etc. that require Simconnect?

As an FSX  Gold user who has countless aircraft, scenery, and system ad-ons with no issues (so far), I am interested in what Simconnect adds to your flight simming experince.

Thank you.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1 minute ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

I have been following this thread, and the one item I don't see explained is why are you using Simconnect? 

Is there a feature or are you developing add-on features. etc. that require Simconnect?

As an FSX  Gold user who has countless aircraft, scenery, and system ad-ons with no issues (so far), I am interested in what Simconnect adds to your flight simming experince.

Thank you.

If you have an abundance of add-ons then you are no doubt already using SimConnect.  It's required by a number of add-ons to communicate with FSX. 

It's installed automatically with FSX and operates in the background.  Generally, the only time an issue surfaces is if it's missing or the wrong version is installed.

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

2 hours ago, airernie said:

no doubt already using SimConnect.  It's required by a number of add-ons to communicate with FSX. 

It's installed automatically with FSX and operates in the background.

Thanks, never realized it was there.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 2 months later...

I have found this issue is  ALWAYS due to a addon, for example, I use the calclassic dc-7 on a route and it works fine, same route but with a2a stratocruiser and the game crashes. Maybe something in my years old fsx library is corrupted but I have reinstalled the game and all and no luck, it will also throw other error codes at you, usually dx10 errors or oom but again, its just the addon, I have a heavily modded setup so its normal I guess, but trial and error is the only way to solve this.

• 3 months later...