Will upgrading to 64GB RAM eliminate this issue?

I've been doing a flight in the Cessna 152 from Arlington to Waxahachi, TX in FS2020, and I noticed that when I'm around 5 miles north of Midlothian I get a 1-second stutter in the video.  I currently have 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM and FS2020 is installed in my 2TB 980 Pro Samsung NVme (installed in the lower M.2 slot which operates at PCI-E 3.0 due to motherboard's limitations) and Windows 11 installed in another 980 Pro Samsung NVme  (installed i the upper M.2 slot which operates at PCI-E 4.0).  Will upgrading to 64GB RAM eliminate that 1-second stutter in that location or any location that would be prone to this 1-second stutter?

I doubt it. What's the RAM usage while running the game? I rarely go over 12GB. Are you getting any big stutters like this when approaching complex areas?

What CPU and GPU are you using?

Also worth asking, do you use custom scenery for Waxahachi?

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

On 6/4/2023 at 7:11 PM, KiloWatt said:

I doubt it. What's the RAM usage while running the game? I rarely go over 12GB. Are you getting any big stutters like this when approaching complex areas?

What CPU and GPU are you using?

Also worth asking, do you use custom scenery for Waxahachi?

My CPU is a Ryzen 5800X3D and my GPU is a RTX 4090.  I flew the route again, this time with the Resource Monitor running in the background but it didn't have that 1-second stutter that time and according to the Resource Monitor's graph, only around 1/5 of my total RAM was being used up during that flight.  I did another flight from KDAL to KFTW with FS2020 in developer mode and according to the FPS OSD it was peaking at around 5.4GB of RAM and around 4.2GB VRAM usage during that flight and this time I didn't have a 1-second stutter in that area where I had it happen before a few miles west of downtown Dallas.  I also have FS2020 installed on my 2nd 980 Pro NVMe which is running at PCI-E 3.0 instead of 4.0 because my motherboard is a B550 chipset one which only supports PCI-E 4.0 on the closer M.2 slot to the CPU, but that shouldn't be causing the 1-second stutters as it still happened when I had FS2020 installed on my 1st 980 Pro NVme that is installed in the PCI-E 4.0 M.2 slot. 

I also yesterday updated to the latest Nvidia driver for my GPU and that probably fixed the 1-second stutters in FS2020.  I can rule out a defective CPU and GPU as it happened when I had a 5800X and a 1080Ti installed as well.

• 2 months later...

Another possibility is that the original stutter was to allow scenery to download - the more sophisticated airports sometimes cause this. It maybe didn't happen again because you then had the airport data in your Rolling Cache and the sim didn't need to download it again. That's the idea of Rolling Cache - but rolling means when the cache is full some of it gets deleted........

Just an idea, something to think about.

I had rolling cache disabled.  My internet connection has been getting dropouts starting 3 weeks ago but it was fixed last week, so maybe my internet connection was unstable at the time of the stuttering?  They fixed the broken wiring outside and replaced the modem with the latest version since the dropouts still happened after they fixed the broken wiring outside.  Also I did upgrade to 64GB DDR4-3200 last month anyways.

Me too except I have a 4080.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I had this almost same exact problem, except mine was about a 1/2 second stutter.  Very annoying.  Turns out a Microsoft update was the probably the issue.

The fix (least for me), reinstall Windows 10.  After that no more stutter.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

• 4 weeks later...

I think the main cause of stutters now seems to be broadband/Internet related... I get mostly smooth operations but every now and then things can stutter and especially in dense areas with lots of traffic, for example London -I strongly suspect a delivery issue when the sim is streaming off the servers and demand is high and there is a traffic issue with my provider 🙂 All in  all tho I am positively amazed by the amount of addons I have - a mix of freeware and purchased - and its still running stable...just 1 CTD in the last 5 months and I estimate 200 hours flight time 🙂