Looking for closed T Hangar

Raceguy

Hello

I'm hoping someone will have a file to share or be able to point me to a source for what I need. This airport is for my personal use only. I live 1 mile north of FA40 and use it for my home base in P3Dv4.5.

I have a single open T hangar which works fine but I would like the same shape hangar with a closed door to mix up the view. The closed hangars I have found don't have the flat roof to match my open hangar.

I have found a closed T hangar that matches my open T but it's in a ORBX object.bgl and I can't get it to show in ADE.

Here are pics of what I have and need.

Thank you
Ed

6-3-2023 11-47-20 AM.jpg

6-3-2023 11-45-04 AM.jpg

What is the exact orbx bgl that contains the closed T hangar that you reference? Is it part of a specific airport? Does that specific airport contain a closed T hangar?

• First open ADE
  • Go to Open Airport by BGL .Drill down until you find the Scenery Folder and look for a file with airport designation + something like ADX or APX. Ignore any with CVX.
  • Once you have the AFCAD (ADX or APX) loaded, look for a .bgl file that says Library. Chances are that will contain your hangars unless there is one that actually says "Hangars" in the title. It varies as to the complexity of the airport.
  • Go to Tools>Library Object Manager>Add File and add that .bgl to Library Object Manager.

Now you have all the objects in your ADE library, but no thumbnails. Open ModelConverterX and import the file you just added to ADE Library Object Manager. You should see pix of all the objects. Use the Capture New Thumbnail feature of the LOM to add the images. Tedious but necessary. Remember not to use any Orbx objects in any airport creation that you may distribute to other people.

M. Slim

P3D4.5 ; Win7 Pro i7-6700K 3.50GHz 6MB

ASUS Z170-K ATX mobo ; Ripjaws 16gb DDR4/3000MHz RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 ; 512GB Samsung 850 PRO, 512GB Samsung NVME 970

Hello mslim

Thank you for your help.

I opened ADE Open Airport by BGL and went to the location of the airport file.    See 1st pic

I had identified the file with the desired hangars by moving it to an outside folder which made the hangars disappear. I moved the file back into the correct scenery folder and started P3D then ADE to make sure it loaded. The file is named FTX_FTXG_N30_objects.bgl. See 2nd pic

With the airport open in ADE no buildings appear.  See 3rd pic

You mention looking for a .bgl that says library. I don't see any reference to library.  Where should this be located?

I opened the Library Object Manager and drilled down to FTX_FTXG_N30_objects.bgl but I get the message  "No usable objects found in this file.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you again

Ed

6-5-2023 9-09-48 AM.jpg

6-5-2023 9-16-10 AM.jpg

6-5-2023 9-11-19 AM.jpg

You are looking in the right place. Go to the bottom of your FTXG_Airports/scenery and look for "FTXG_FreewareLibs.BGL"  According to my LOM this file contains 36 objects. I hope one of them is the hangar you are looking for.

Try adding that to your Library Object Manager and then open the same file in MCX and capture thumbnails. I usually set up two windows side-by-side.

If that's too much work, then just capture thumbnails of any objects that you intend to use in your airport design endeavors in the future. You can then go back into LOM and delete any objects without thumbnails by CRTL>clicking them.

There are other ORBX hangars in this path: :\Orbx Scenery\p3dv4\Orbx Libraries\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery that you may want to use in the future.

OrbxLIBS_1.thumb.jpg.055ce57b079372fae0c11ac0f31d8883.jpg

M. Slim

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 ; 512GB Samsung 850 PRO, 512GB Samsung NVME 970

Hello mslim

I had already loaded the FTXG_FreewareLibs.BGL into ADE but checked again and the T hangar was not in that folder.

BUT your note about "other ORBX hangars in this path: :\Orbx Scenery\p3dv4\Orbx Libraries\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery" sent me on a new search.  I started checking each file in ModelConverterX and finally found the T hangar in a MISC file.  Just proves that even though a file does not have the word "hangar" in it you should still check it out.

Thank you again for staying with me on this search!!  You helped me find a file that adds more detail to my airport but more importantly taught me some new things and for that I'm very grateful!

Take care

Ed

6-10-2023 10-24-18 AM.jpg

6-10-2023 10-20-18 AM.jpg

Glad you found what you were looking for and learned something in the process. Many other users have been helpful to me and I like to pay it forward. Maybe you can do the same.😀

M. Slim