Struggling with another simple Problem?

Hey, When i got the Texture for the TR A340-500 working, i also tried another one on the POSKY 747-200, while the A340 worked, the 747 Did not, Textures are loaded but look like this:38254e57bbe509dab9febb9dc29b4317.jpg

(For the reason there is an R, im in some group of People who like to play as nations in Different Eras)

Any common Solution?

Initially you might consider rereading the many excellent suggestions given with your last texture issue. Also, be absolutely sure that the texture you have made is the same format, has the appropriate alpha, and is aligned the same. Yours should look the same as the original when you open it with DXTBump (vertically and horizontally). 

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

5 hours ago, LordofGats said:

Any common Solution?

Have DxtBmp installed, get it from https://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm

From a WORKING texture (one that came with the model for example), right-click the file covering the part you want to change and open with DxtBmp.

ScreenShot_20230520141421.thumb.jpg.99aa831402804a05e52c569a40a27a06.jpg

In the upper left corner, get some important information: the target file name (green) and the target format (red circle).

Look at the image, and see how it's rotated/oriented.

This can (and will) be different for different models.

If your repaint complies with all three conditions, all should be OK.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

My procedure is

-backup all images to be edited (lol, just in case)

-open image in Dxtbmp

-select "send to editor";  your selected editor should now open displaying "normal.bmp", leave Dxtbmp running in background

-copy normal.bmp and paste as new image, do all editing in this copy, you can safely flip, mirror, rotate as needed for your edits

-when done orient your image, if altered, to match normal.bmp, copy it and paste into normal.bmp, save, minimize editor (leave it running)

-Dxtbmp should still be running, select "reload after edit", your image should appear in the window, save (Dxtbmp will save with the same parameters as it exported from)

My experience is closing either Dxtbmp or the editor during the process may lead to improper parameters when the finished file is saved.

Such distortion can also occur if you accidentally assign a texture to a different mdl of the same type aircraft (not all mdl files map their textures identically).  ...not that I've ever done this of course (lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgf said:

...not that I've ever done this of course

Oh, of course not.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.