G1000 Waypoint Issues

Please see the attached showing a repeated error that I get when adding or modifying waypoints in FLP screen, primarily the crossed out elevation I have set at the waypoint.  The point is a few miles from the previous point along the flight path but the ALT set in the appropriate field is apparently not applicable?  Why is this?

On another subject, I believe that I was able to move the map in the MFD to locate other waypoints or intersections I might choose to add to the plan. I cannot seem to find that feature again.  Does this not exist as a feature in the G1000ixe which is my default in aircraft with the g1000?

Thanks

g1000ixe.jpg

Processor 11th Gen Intel® Core i7-11700F @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 2060

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You have set the altitude at ZUKUR to be less than at TAYSO, which is why the G1000 has crossed out the altitude at TAYSO.  It will allow you to have a higher altitude at ZUKUR than at TAYSO, but not the other way around.  You can set them at the same altitudes and the G1000 will accept that.  It would seem to be that the altitude set at your first en route point is the cruising altitude and that the G1000 will only accept descents, not climbs, from that altitude.  What the reasoning behind this is, I do not know, but that is how it seems to work. 

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.