FS2004 - Random Shot Corner

Airbasil_1

Beautiful Memories and a story to tell behind it all... 

Jerez de la Frontera, Andalucia, Spain is one of my alltime favorite Airports around the world... at least it was, before the Airport was undergoing a big enlargement of its Terminal Complexe and Aprons as they are today... 
Back in the Days, I went there on a Rotation with Air Nostrum CRJ-200 from Geneva Cointrin to Madrid Barajas and there I changed Aircraft and took a seat in an Iberia McDonnell Douglas MD-87. The good old Maddog. Indeed a once in a lifetime Experiences... From Madrid we flew to Jerez de la Frontera, down south of Andalusian Spain. On Arrival, the Aircraft was climated and fairly fresh Air circulated in the Aircraft. Stepping out of the beauty there was like a steam oven temperature bashing towards me... 

Welcome to Andalucia! 

spacer.png

Also, back in those days, the Airport was fairly small and cosy... there was no Gate finger or Bus which brough the people to the terminal. You simply could step out on to the tarmac and head to the terminal by yourself, by foot.
What a nice Experience! Loved it! That's something which doesn't exist a lot as of today... Maybe only in Africa 😄

Anyways... today I installed the Airport in FS9 again and flew from Jerez to Barcelona on an Air Nostrum ATR 72-500. Just to revive the good old Memories of these days back then... 

spacer.png