FS2004 - Random Shot Corner

Airbasil_1

24 minutes ago, darrenvox said:

2016-nov-3-003.jpg

took this a few years ago at KPSP while heading to MMMX

Wish I could find a nice KPSP for fs9, stuck with stock version.. for fsx the orbx version is great though, very accurate and well modeled scenery 

On 7/1/2023 at 10:29 AM, PhrogPhlyer said:

Many early "autopilots" were nothing more than simple wing levelers, and may have had small control wheels to adjust pitch and/or bank. Sometimes we expect to much from a system that what it was designed to do, 

I personally like the older panels, more work to fly, but I learn a lot and have more respect for the pilots who came before me,

Researching how the actual system was supposed to work can be very informative.

Quite true, but all too often the aircraft comes with an "unusual" autopilot and no instructions on its use.  But, unlike RL, you can play around with systems and learn via trial-and-error (mostly the latter with me).  Recently flew a period Cessna with early autopilot;  don't know if I used it correctly but finally got it to do what I wanted, lol.

Of course at the other extreme are the modern systems where you feel more like a programmer/passenger than a pilot.  The debate over whether modern airliners are becoming too automated is interesting.

1 hour ago, jgf said:

Of course at the other extreme are the modern systems where you feel more like a programmer/passenger than a pilot.  The debate over whether modern airliners are becoming too automated is interesting.

The Air Force jokes that they now have Forward Observers rather than Pilots.

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

I've been a way from the sim for awhile as life is busy sometimes.

A few shots from my "home" airport KISP.

Freeware airport from FRF Studios (with a few personal tweaks)

I don't remember who did the repaint for the SBAI Bombardier Cseries CS100.

Breeze-ISP-01.JPG

Breeze-ISP-02.JPG

Breeze-ISP-03.JPG

Breeze-ISP-04.JPG

Breeze-ISP-05.JPG

Breeze-ISP-06.JPG

• Like 1

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]