Is This Due to the Latest Mandatory Update?

For some time I have had consistently smooth flying and high FPS (which I generally limit at 30-40 in my nVidia control panel, because I don't think you can see the difference above that).  But after an absence of several weeks, I booted up recently and found my FPS down in the teens at airports and only in the 20s when way up in the air.  I tried several less-demanding planes and airports, but the result was the same: pronounced stalls and stutters and dismal FPS all the time.  Any ideas?  

14 hours ago, Mac6737 said:

For some time I have had consistently smooth flying and high FPS (which I generally limit at 30-40 in my nVidia control panel, because I don't think you can see the difference above that).  But after an absence of several weeks, I booted up recently and found my FPS down in the teens at airports and only in the 20s when way up in the air.  I tried several less-demanding planes and airports, but the result was the same: pronounced stalls and stutters and dismal FPS all the time.  Any ideas?  

This has happened to me from time to time, fire up the sim, go to a usual city, and I am down from the 40's into the teens.  

For me, the ONLY thing I can figure is that I have gone days without a reboot.  Should I always have to reboot every few days, probably not, but 🙂   after doing a reboot my FPS and everything else is back to normal.  Guessing that something might get messed up??  Just know it works for me.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I shut down my PC every night and reboot the next day. 

Also, I have checked all my graphics (and other) settings and they were apparently unaffected by the update.

Next thing I'll try: Move Community out of Packages and establish a new, empty one, to see if there's a conflict with one or more add-ons.

7 minutes ago, Mac6737 said:

I shut down my PC every night and reboot the next day. 

Also, I have checked all my graphics (and other) settings and they were apparently unaffected by the update.

Next thing I'll try: Move Community out of Packages and establish a new, empty one, to see if there's a conflict with one or more add-ons.

Try using an Add on helper.  I use MSFS Add on linker   https://flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

That way you can disable the add on, and then turn them on one by one

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I moved everything out of Community and I was back to my usual 30 FPS.  Now I'm adding them back, bunch by bunch.

But one thing missing: Washington DC KDCA and the central government add-on.  Used to be there.  Now I can't find it, can't find an add-on.

Before my 6-month hiatus from MSFS, there was a terrific website for add-ons, including most of those I still have and it's where I got my excellent DC scenery..  Can anyone remind me of that site?  (It is not Fly Away).

Thanks all

23 minutes ago, Mac6737 said:

I moved everything out of Community and I was back to my usual 30 FPS.  Now I'm adding them back, bunch by bunch.

But one thing missing: Washington DC KDCA and the central government add-on.  Used to be there.  Now I can't find it, can't find an add-on.

Before my 6-month hiatus from MSFS, there was a terrific website for add-ons, including most of those I still have and it's where I got my excellent DC scenery..  Can anyone remind me of that site?  (It is not Fly Away).

Thanks all

Not sure if this is it-https://www.flightsim.to/