New File Library - Calling all Content Creators

Adrian K

Hello,

The new and updated file manager offers a variety of flexible options. Content creators are encouraged to upload their creations and explore the new features. As the creator, you have complete control over your work and can determine how it's presented and updated.

Creators keep 100% of their files  rights .

We would greatly appreciate your input in expanding and creating categories for easy file navigation. For example, a category specifically for 'PMDG DC-6 Liveries' would be more useful than a generic 'FSX Aircraft' category.

The new upload options include more specific details for each file type, such as aircraft origin, manufacturer, paints, aircraft, ICAO code, and country for scenery.

Compared to the old format where files were uploaded manually by a librarian, the new system is fully automatic, allowing the author to have complete autonomy over their work. Users can now engage and comment on files, with ultra-high resolution screenshots available for better visualization. Additionally, the new site integrates files and discussions, while the old system used a separate platform. 

If you are a content creator here is how you can help:

• Upload your files using high resolution screenshots
  • Modify existing files with new high-resolution screenshots
  • Populate extra information fields to improve search functionality
  • Suggest additional categories that can be created

Thank You

flightsimcom-logo-2023-866x407.jpg.c1bedc0c086b85308f87adcef719896f.jpg

• Like 3

Adrian, I just uploaded another repaint. a very easy and intuitive process. Content creators should do some downloads searches to see what info in the upload would assist there. Thanks for all your efforts here.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

3 hours ago, Bosshogg68 said:

So ...i am looking to rehost all of my MSFS liveries (ALL Military Paints) to a new site since FS.to fell apart ....what are our options if we choose FS.com?

Greetings WhiskyTangoFoxtrot,

By uploading on flightsim.com you retain complete authority over your files, including the copyright of your creations.
You have the freedom to make alterations and remove them whenever you wish.
Additionally, it is worth noting that Flightsim.com has fewer advertising banners compared to other websites.

Regarding the 'options', could you please clarify your requirements? If necessary, please let me know of the  sub-categories needed by sending a private message.

Thank you  so much.

1 hour ago, Ducktooth said:

The thumbnails for the files look like it's trying to conserve pixels by the ton. 

This has been explained in previous threads. These are old thumbnails stretched to fit the new larger permitted size. Look at newer uploads and you will see multiple high-rez pics. Creators are slowly uploading new high-rez pics, a self correcting minor issue.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Just a thought, before I adjust the pictures on my uploads.  On your new website the pictures are square whereas on the old website they were rectangular, landscape.

Considering the shape of most aircraft, is square a good idea?  A minor point.

On 2/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, Adrian K said:

Suggest additional categories that can be created

Not sure if there is enough interest, but a category for Lighter Than Air (rather than a part of Other) would be useful for all airships, blimps, hot air balloons and the like. This also might reignite an interest in these types of aircraft and their amazing history.

phrog x 2.jpg