How do you search downloads?

okbob

Best I can offer is that the search looks for your search term "xxxxxx" in the titles and body of the individual pages. A file name search "xxx.zip" would only work if that were in the title or page.

Hope that makes sense.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

1.  At the top of the page Browse/Downloads.

2.  Then at the upper right corner of the screen is the blue search box.  Enter your search terms there. 

3.  No filename search, only what is in the title and description of the file.

4.  Press Enter or click the magnifying glass.

Hope this helps,

ATM nothing identifies complete aircraft vs repaint unless it is stated in the title or writeup. It is up to the content developer to include a good title and write up with enought detail key words to help those searching the files.

• Sad 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

Is it possible that the SB771 file is not here? The only C-97G that refers to Mike Stone appears to be the Balair repaint you already found.

phrog x 2.jpg

• Founder

It is here. It's just a matter of figuring out how to find it, without using the file name.

I first had to determine what kind of plane SB3771 actually is: a Boeing 377. Then by doing a search on "Mike Stone 377" I was able to find the original file:

FS2002 BOAC Boeing 377 Stratocruiser

About This File
FS2002 BOAC Boeing 377 Stratocruiser. A Gmax model in BOAC livery. Features full animation (including engine cowl flaps) and reflective textures with night lighting. Uses default panel and sounds. By Mike Stone.

Thanks Nels. This will help me with my searching method (look for all possible type/name military civilian etc). I only searched C-97 as did leuen. Didn't think about Boeing 377.  This also highlights that content creators have the onus to ensure best possible file names and descriptions.

phrog x 2.jpg

• Founder

"Search" has become a vital 21st century life skill, that it seems to me many people are not very good at. It's something that probably ought to be taught in schools these days, though that's no help to those us well beyond our school years.

Would a tutorial on search be something people here be interested in--and actually read?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nels_Anderson said:

"Search" has become a vital 21st century life skill, that it seems to me many people are not very good at. It's something that probably ought to be taught in schools these days, though that's no help to those us well beyond our school years.

Would a tutorial on search be something people here be interested in--and actually read?

I'm sure it would be important at this point. I'd read it.

Joao Paz

Alaskan Winds, L'Air Azur

20 minutes ago, joaopaz said:

it would be important at this point. I'd read it.

Plus 1 - Also good for content creators to read.

phrog x 2.jpg

3 hours ago, Nels_Anderson said:

I would be interested Nels!

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

Count me in, i would read it.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)