Off-Topic Related Question to Scenery Conversion

I was hesitant to pose my query in here regarding this Topic, but as the saying goes, "If you don't know something, simply ask," so I will do just that... here goes. I am aware that the chances of me getting a response are slim, but it's worth a try. 

I was fortunate to obtain permission to convert, other sceneries like those by Ed Geerner, Roger Wensley, and most recently FSX- ICABARU by David Maldonado, but Due to Brian Smith's email address being inactive, 2MO Mount Vernon Municipal Airport has been difficult.

If you guys know Brian Smith directly or know how to contact him, it would be great. He produced a bunch of scenes for FS9, but 2MO Mount Vernon Municipal caught my eye.

I was also curious about your experiences with moving forward with a conversion if an Author is unreachable. The Scenery is a 17-YO Scenery released back in 2006 all of these conversions are for Personal use only with slight improvements to adapt them to MSFS, unless permitted to share with of-course Credits to the original Author.

The only information I have for Brian Smith is the following, which seems to no longer be active: Brian Smith, back4smith@yahoo.com

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

I would Really love to Bring back some of the Great FS9-FSX Scenery Gems and adapt them to MSFS with some improvements to adapt them to MSFS Environment at least the ones not yet created for MSFS. 

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

I was always of the view that if all reasonable attempts to contact the author were made, then I would use his work without permission whilst crediting him with the content.  At the end of the day, no money is being made here so legal action would be pointless and you can always take them down if he later objects.

He may well have given up on flight simulation, been ill or even died, in which case, you may be quite safe to use his work.

If either Brian or you were charging for the scenery, then of course I would tread more carefully.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

16 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I was always of the view that if all reasonable attempts to contact the author were made, then I would use his work without permission whilst crediting him with the content.  At the end of the day, no money is being made here so legal action would be pointless and you can always take them down if he later objects.

He may well have given up on flight simulation, been ill or even died, in which case, you may be quite safe to use his work.

If either Brian or you were charging for the scenery, then of course I would tread more carefully.

Thanks for the reply; strictly personal unless Brian Smith permits me to re-release it as freeware. I hope he is not otherwise ill or diseased and instead is in good health. 💯👍