HELP needed to get MSFS operational

I bought the Standard version through Microsoft Store about 4 months ago, and have had frustrating problems most of the time.

I normally start from the end of the runway with engines running, flying the Bulldog. The first problem was that the engine cut whenever I closed the throttle, in the air, and on the ground. Reading the forums, it was suggested that isolating Auto Mixture Control in the Assistance Options 

Roy, I'm going on very limited info here. I'll pass on to what I experienced a few days ago similar to your description, not sure if it's the same though. I use the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle setup. In air, on ground, any AC, the throttle behavior was like yours. I was beginning a flight in simple aircraft (JPL 152) like the Bulldog. I'd advance the throttle and shortly afterwards the throttle would retard  and the engine cut off. Long story short: I had previously flown a small jet and one of the axis was assigned "Fuel Cutoff". Since I wasn't using that axis, I ignored it and had not updated the control configuration in the Control Options. Once I reselected "Single Engine Simple", all was well. TLDR: check for any inputs that might be active that you don't expect. Once I was having a big issue and ultimately found out the XBox controller that I use for the camera, was turned on its side on top of the keyboard and had inadvertently depressed the F8 key and drove the flaps fully down. Disconnect your devices one by one and try to isolate where the conflict might be.. Hope you get it sorted out....Good luck.

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

On 2/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, roytc said:

I bought the Standard version through Microsoft Store about 4 months ago, and have had frustrating problems most of the time.

I normally start from the end of the runway with engines running, flying the Bulldog. The first problem was that the engine cut whenever I closed the throttle, in the air, and on the ground. Reading the forums, it was suggested that isolating Auto Mixture Control in the Assistance Options 

I feel that is the solution that was offered to me as well, and I have not had any problems with it since.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Well, I loaded up the Just Flight PA-28 with the GNS 530 and the distance to next waypoint does show up.  So, I am guessing it is a problem with the C172.

Any thoughts on a fix?  I am not looking to reinstall MSFS 🙂 

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Well, I loaded up the Just Flight PA-28 with the GNS 530 and the distance to next waypoint does show up.  So, I am guessing it is a problem with the C172.

Any thoughts on a fix?  I am not looking to reinstall MSFS 🙂 

Edit-I decided to delete the C172, reload it.  No change 😞