Sky Simulations MD-11

In general, it sucks lol. Well, let me tell you some things. Honestly, it's not that bad. The aircraft can follow a flight plan and get you from point A to B. It actually has good feel in the controls compared to what I'm used to in the real world. I did a mod to the flight model and now the aircraft lands just like the real thing following real world procedures and speeds. Once I made my edits, I have found that the aircraft will be in the low speed range o the speed tape of the PFD. This makes an issue with the ATS as it will not let you slow to approach speeds. At GS or path intercept, I fly manually so it's not an issue. It's pretty expensive for the price, but my mod makes it decent. Below are the changes I had to make.

1. I adjusted the flap lift for flaps 28, 35 and 50. This adjustment gives the proper pitch for flaps 28 level(4.5 at 180kts), flaps 35(4.5 at on a 3 degree slope at REF + 5) and flaps 50(3.5 on a 3 degree slope at REF + 5)

2. I reduced the ground effect to capture the text book flare procedure. As you reach a height that's 10% of your gross weight, you start the flare. So at 400,000 pounds, you will start at the 40FT call out. You pull power and add 2 to 3 degrees to the pitch, hold it and let it come down. This should put you down 1300 to 1500 feet down the runway with a 1500FT aim point crossing the threshold.

I reached out to sky simulations about the issues and have never heard back. Be nice if I could adjust the speed type slow speed warning range or turn it off completely. Other than that, it works for the time being until we get a good MD11.

1 minute ago, g5flyer said:

In general, it sucks lol. Well, let me tell you some things. Honestly, it's not that bad.

Honesty is the best policy, LOL

• Like 1

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.