Where to buy Flight Sim?

Hi, 

I am setting up a gaming computer with Flight Sim Premium Deluxe for my son's birthday.

I am confused about whether i should buy it with the Xbox pass or if it is ok to get a digital download from Game or Amazon or even one of the cheap sites like CDkeys. 

Advice please!

Also, what is the difference between Premium Deluxe and Premium Deluxe 40th Anniversary edition? He is not interested in helicopters or vintage stuff but very interested in different airports and planes.

Thanks so much in advance

I believe the only edition that Microsoft or Steam or selling today is the Premium Deluxe 40th Anniversary edition because the sim is constantly being updated.  This is just me, and others may feel differently, but I stick to official channels for such purchases, Microsoft Store, Xbox Game Pass, or Steam.  I would also review the differences between Standard, Deluxe, and Premium Deluxe to make sure he actually wants what is the Premium Deluxe version versus the Deluxe or Standard editions.  For example, if he only wants what is the standard version, it comes for no additional charge with Xbox Game Pass.  He could then buy some great add-ons like a Fenix A320 or a PMDG 737 instead.  Good luck. 

• Like 1

I strongly suggest you obtain the sim from either Microsoft Store or Steam. Unlike previous sims, the vast majority of the program resides in The Cloud. Only a tiny fraction is on his computer. Rather than a key code, every time you open the program, it checks that the program is legit, is up to date and that Windows is the latest version and matches against a legit version. It would take over 400 4TB SSDs to hold the entire program. 

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU