2004 AC and AI and FSX

PhrogPhlyer

I see many aircraft and ai files available that state both FSX and 2004. What has been the experience from FSX flyers out there when using these items?

My experience has only been with flyable aircraft, and I'm estimating 6 out of 10 don't work properly due to gauges not working in FSX.

Anyone care to share their success in ensuring these 2004 to FSX items work in FSX?

Tom Gibson has been uploading a wonderful set of classic aircraft/ai, but I hesitate if these may not work properly in FSX.

Thanks

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

8 hours ago, PhrogPhlyer said:

Tom Gibson has been uploading a wonderful set of classic aircraft/ai, but I hesitate if these may not work properly in FSX.

Thanks

Typically FS9 AI aircraft have no problems operating in FSX.  The biggest issue is with prop aircraft.  The props aren't transparent in FSX.  There are prop replacements for some some, but they don't 100% solve the problem.

Todd Bolgrin modified most if not all of his aircraft to FSX standards and there a number of FS9 aircraft > FSX patches on alpha-india.

As for flyable, well you've already expressed some of the issues.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

System: i7-13700K, Gigabyte Z790 UD AX, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, MSFS 2020, FSX, Thrustmaster T.16000M Joystick, Cessna Pedals, Saitek Trim Wheel, Switch Panel, and Multi Panel

Thank you airernie, a very helpful reply. I'll be adding more ai aircraft now.

BTW, for those who wish to hone their formation flying skills, flying with ai aircraft is a great way to practice.

Always Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. And never be low on Fuel, Altitude, Airspeed, or Ideas.

phrog x 2.jpg

Laptop, Intel Core i7 CPU 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeoForce MX 130, Extra large coffee-black.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dlfrenchmd said:

or your fsx traffic disappears! Poof!

Thx for the heads up!

phrog x 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had that one time, I had a rougue FS9 traffic file hidden among my others, after I converted it all was well again.

I did at one time for an experiment, use only FS9 aircraft in FSX, I remembered to keep the microlight in with them or it wouldn't start.
I saved the original FSX aircraft folder so I could switch back anytime, the reason I did this was so I could have my FS9 aircraft flying with Orbx scenery.

Col.