PMDG DC-6 and adjusting pitch trim with gyro pilot turned on

I recently purchased the PMDG DC-6 for MSFS and I'm having an issue that when I enable the gyro pilot and enable the gyro mechanical disconnect, I can't adjust the pitch trim from the Glide and Climb trim wheels. I had Altitude Control disabled like I'm suppose to so that I can adjust the pitch trim while in gyro mode, but even if then no matter how much I scroll the Climb or Glide time wheels, the pitch won't change. Also the main trim wheel is locked for some reason when in gyro mode. Basically, when I enable the gyro mode which is turning on the gyro pilot and turning on the gyro mechanical disconnect, the aircraft will stay the current pitch angle and won't respond to the Glide and Climb pitch wheel input. The only workaround I found was to enable Altitude Control then disable Altitude Control and then I can adjust the pitch trim through the gyro trim wheels. I watched some videos of tutorials/flights with the PMDG DC-6 in MSFS in youtube and they didn't switch on then off the Altitude Control before using the trim wheels and they were using the trim wheels before turning on the Altitude Control. Altitude Control was only turned on when the cruising altitude was established. Anyone else having the same issue I'm having with the PMDG DC-6 in MSFS? Edited by Dave68