"Microsoft Flight Simulator has Stopped Working"

regwalker7245

I am not new to MSFS 9, but I can use help with this issue.

I cannot fly anywhere in the US or Eastern Canada. I get the message in my posting title "Microsoft Flight Simulator has Stopped Working"

Nowhere else in the world gives this message.

I have tried removing all AI form MSFS, and that does nothing to help

Any Helpful ideas are appreciated.

I would also appreciate those who cannot help themselves but to make smart remarks. to keep them to themselves, (not helpful)

Thanks again for any helpful suggestions

The first thing I would want to suggest is that you disable all your addon sceneries, including their related Afcads and/or ADEs, in your problem part of the world, to see if that makes any difference.

If your problem has now disappeared you can then re-enable your sceneries one by one until your problem re-appears. In this way you can at the very least single out the problem scenery and be able to check it's textures for anomalies. A very tedious method but I can think of no other way.

When you've disabled all such addon sceneries and your problem persists, then you may need to uninstall your FS9 and re-install it, taking care that you do a so called "custom install" preferrably in a HD partition different to the one in which your Windows lives.

Good luck and I hope the above does not get classified as one of your "smart remarks".

Hans

Generally, crashes when flying around Canada & USA flag Flight1's Ultimate Terrain.

If you don't have UT USA and UT Canada installed, have you recently made any changes to scenery (including additions or deletions)?

In the event that you have corrupt or missing stock scenery files, it is possible to extract manually from the cab files on the original discs but, from first-hand experience, trawling through them all for the stuff you want to reload is a time-consuming nuisance.

Concerning your comment that you 'have tried removing all AI form MSFS', do you mean all non-player aircraft? If so then your statement implies that you've recently made changes to aircraft and I agree with Hans that you should disable all addon scenery layers instead. If you do mean addon sceneries, just say 'addon scenery' or 'scenery layers' as AI indicates non-player aircraft.

If you're not connected to the internet while you fly, I'm inclined to suggest you recreate a crash flight with your anti-malware turned off but that is very much your decision -- there may be malware already resident so at the very least do a full scan before you try it.

Also... do you have any other applications (weather, flight planners, external ATC or whatever) open when you run FS9?

Which brings me to another 'also'... MSFS is universally taken to mean MSFS 2020. Flight Simulator 2004 A Century of Flight is just FS9 or FS2004 or rarely ACOF.

If you've found the fault and the solution without the help of our silly comments, please let us know what it was. You may be helping someone else in the future.

D

Edited by defaid