Installing MSFS on a second computer.

I purchased MSFS DVD version from Amazon a while ago and installed it without any problems. I now have a new machine and have tried unsuccessfully to install on the new computer. Each time, despite installing all 10 DVDs, the installation lacks some folders that were installed originally on the old computer. Also, I am directed to redeem the activation code in the Microsoft Store app, which fails with the message that the code has already been redeemed. Has anyone had this issue, and how do I resolve it? Help and information will be much appreciated.

I don’t know if this is the case with the DVD version, but will it let you download it (for free) from the MS Store? I presume you logged into the same account on your second pc?

You might want to take a look here..

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017701559-Microsoft-Store-This-code-has-already-been-redeemed-error-message

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Not a problem Keith. Hope you manage to sort it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I purchased MSFS DVD version from Amazon a while ago and installed it without any problems. I now have a new machine and have tried unsuccessfully to install on the new computer. Each time, despite installing all 10 DVDs, the installation lacks some folders that were installed originally on the old computer. Also, I am directed to redeem the activation code in the Microsoft Store app, which fails with the message that the code has already been redeemed. Has anyone had this issue, and how do I resolve it? Help and information will be much appreciated.

first you need to have your ORIGINAL registration details e-mail address and and the password you created when you first installed the game. Put DVD1 in the drive. Go to MS Store LOG IN with you details on your new PC Once you have success fully logged in then click the Library icon (left bottom corner of the store window) the SELECT MSFS2020 - the basic model not your one whatever model you have. Click install on the BLUE box on the right then it should download an installation app about 1 gig or less. Once it has finished downloading a prompt will appear on the window "Launch MSFS2020" - you click on the box or simply you can click PLAY ICON to launch the game and from there you will find it is ready to install and you only to confirm. It will not install the whole game without asking any more DVDs And the game fully installed - go to CONTENT manager to what updates you need. Regards