FlyInside Bell 47 G Helicopter

Hi John,

First question is which version do you have? Make sure you’ve got 1.71. Also there’s a big difference between the three difficulty settings. Using the FlyInside Heli Manager… click the flight model tab.. and try it on easy or medium. It’s certainly hard to control when it’s set to realistic.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve

You are right. When I bought the Heli it was an earlier version that I could fly on a medium setting. My problem started with the latest version. When I programmed a flight and pushed the Fly button, nothing more happened and I thought the program loading had stalled. Then the other day I tried to load a flight again, but got distracted for about 15 minutes and when I came back the Heli was on the runway ready to go. However, a message came up asking me to choose some settings, but it did not respond at all, and it was set at "Normal". I tried to take off, but it was completely uncontrollable, and I ended upside down on the runway. I guess I will try to un- and reinstall again, but I can't think of what else to try - my controls work just fine with the other planes.

It is a large file over one GB and the loading time is unacceptible. How long does yours take from the time you initiate a flight? Mine must have been at least 10 minutes.

Hi John,

I agree, reinstalling the Bell is probably a good idea. Until yesterday I hadn’t actually flown it for a while and I didn’t even have it installed so had to do just that.

Just had another go, mainly to check the loading time. From me selecting the Bell..airport.etc to it being ready.. took about 30 seconds! Don’t know if it made any difference but I launched the heli manager before launching the sim. When MSFS was ready for me to fly, the heli manager was set to realistic. I didn’t think I’d left it set to that yesterday. Maybe now it chooses that setting by default?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well - things are looking up. I went to the Flyinside website and - lo and behold - they have a downloadable User Manual. From that I learned that you can bring up the menu by switching a button on the Heli panel. I de- and reinstalled the Heli, and it now loads a flight in 50 seconds (the file is actually 7.45GB on disk) allowing me to switch the difficulty back to "Easy", which is flyable. How anybody can control it using "Realistic" is beyond me. Thanks for your interest and good luck with yours.

Glad you’re getting somewhere. It’s certainly not easy to control on thr realistic setting, but easy (or even medium) is ok.

Happy flying :)

Regards

Steve

• 1 month later...
Hi

Upgraded to Windows 11 msfs reinstalled Bell 47 G cannot be activated! Who can help?

best regards peter

Hi Peter,

I run Win 11 and haven’t had any problems activating the Bell 47. I presume you’ve got the serial key. It’s been a while since I did it.. but I think the FlyInside Heli Manager needs to be running?

Your best bet is probably to contact FlyInside. Hopefully they’ll be able to help.

Regards

Steve